Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Import Licence for Dog - Oz address?

Import Licence for Dog - Oz address?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Import Licence for Dog - Oz address?

Sorry for posting yet another taking the dog question, I have searched the forum but still can't quite find what I'm looking for.
We are hoping to take our Cocker Spaniel to Tas, and need to get on with starting the paperwork.
However, we have already hit an obstacle, as the form insists you an Australian address. How do I get round that, I don't know where or when we will actaully be going, so have no idea what to put. We don't have any friends or family already in Oz, so can't put them down either.

Any ideas?

Sam
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:43 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Import Licence for Dog - Oz address?

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Sorry for posting yet another taking the dog question, I have searched the forum but still can't quite find what I'm looking for.
We are hoping to take our Cocker Spaniel to Tas, and need to get on with starting the paperwork.
However, we have already hit an obstacle, as the form insists you an Australian address. How do I get round that, I don't know where or when we will actaully be going, so have no idea what to put. We don't have any friends or family already in Oz, so can't put them down either.

Any ideas?

Sam
Employers address maybe? If not, what until you are sure when and where you are going and put the address of the hotel/motel etc.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Only problem is you need to do everything several months in advance of actually moving, so not even sure where we will stay when we first arrive and I'm not sure I could be really cheeky and just put down any short term rental place as the address. Mind you, I don't know if anyone contacts this address or not.

Sam
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Any ideas?

Sam
Sam

We had the same issue, but we were able to use the address of a friend. If you don't find a solution, drop me a PM and I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out to help.

Hills Boy
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Hannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Had the same problem as you about 1 month ago. Pet shipper advised me that they don't check. I ended up putting a real estate agents address and my import permit was approved without any problems.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:32 am
Just Joined

sasquo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

your not allowed to put a hotel/motel address down but you are allowed to use a friends, maybe you could find a vet practice in the area you want to move to and see if you can put down their address? Also make sure you shop around because quotes vary massively from different companies but also look at the extras theyre offering, you can arrange the export certificate yourself through defra and all the blood testing through your vet as long as they are an LVI (most are), get your own vet to do the worming and flea treatments too cos some companies charge over £20 for each dog for this! a 6 pack of frontline will only cost a bit more and the wormers are about 5 quid each! dont get caught out by the shippers over charging you!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sasquo123
your not allowed to put a hotel/motel address down but you are allowed to use a friends, maybe you could find a vet practice in the area you want to move to and see if you can put down their address? Also make sure you shop around because quotes vary massively from different companies but also look at the extras theyre offering, you can arrange the export certificate yourself through defra and all the blood testing through your vet as long as they are an LVI (most are), get your own vet to do the worming and flea treatments too cos some companies charge over £20 for each dog for this! a 6 pack of frontline will only cost a bit more and the wormers are about 5 quid each! dont get caught out by the shippers over charging you!
Thanks for that, still looking at costs, as you say there is quite a variation in prices!!

Sam
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hills Boy
Sam

We had the same issue, but we were able to use the address of a friend. If you don't find a solution, drop me a PM and I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out to help.

Hills Boy

Thats very kind of you, I'm sure we will work something out as I don't wish to put anyone out. But I'll bear you in mind in case we get really stuck.
Thank you

Sam
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

when we filled our forms we had same problem (didn't know anyone in Oz) we used our agents address. If not you can use ours just drop me a PM and I'll forward details, it would not be any trouble at all. The Pet travel folk told us it was an address where they "may" call or contact just to confirm the people at that address know you and that you are bringing dog/s in to Oz.

All the best

AndyD
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Thats very kind of you, I'm sure we will work something out as I don't wish to put anyone out. But I'll bear you in mind in case we get really stuck.
Thank you

Sam
Don't worry about putting anyone out. We're (and AndyD by the look of his post) happy to help if you need an address for the forms.

Hills Boy
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys very much

I'll look at the forms over Christmas, decide who we are going to use and if we have not found a long lost realtive or friend in Oz (which is not impossible as since we have started this process, its amazing how many people do have family/friends in Oz) may get back to you for your offer of help.

Thanks once again and a very Merry Christmas to you!!

Sam