import duties

Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough
Default import duties

hi does anyone what the import duties would be on taking a car to oz
mgf,x reg,value £6000
it's not a valuable car but my wife love it just a rough figure will do thanks
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: import duties

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi does anyone what the import duties would be on taking a car to oz
mgf,x reg,value £6000
it's not a valuable car but my wife love it just a rough figure will do thanks
Customs rates for cars are :

15% Customs Duty

10% GST

Thats the percentage on the Customs Valuation.

There would also be the cost of rego of the vehicle. 2.5% stamp duty as a one off fee for first time registration. AU$400, another $400 for Green Slip and a $50 blue slip fee.

Very roughly I'd say on a GBP£6000 vehicle you'd be looking at around $2,500 plus the rego fees.

You may want to do the sums yourself though and of course there is the shipping and insurance.

Hope that gives at least a ball park figure.