Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Impatient For Visa...

Impatient For Visa...

Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default Impatient For Visa...

We have our new life planned in our head.
We have a lot of stuff to sort out here over the next year, but I really wish that we had the visa in the back of our passports, so I know that our plans are gonna be a reality.
I feel pretty confident that the application has a strong case....but its just the waiting!!! When I have some spare time to log on to the computer and check my emails... I have to check the Australian forums... [B]everytime!!!Its like im obsessed!and I want my life back!!!! I wanna be living the australian lifestyle...not reading about it!!! im impatient and desperate to see some action and make this whole episode a reality!

Last edited by wannabetherenow; Dec 16th 2005 at 10:33 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impatient For Visa...

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
We have a lot of stuff to sort out here over the next year, but I really wish that we had the visa in the back of our passports, so I know that our plans are gonna be a reality.
I feel pretty confident that the application has a strong case....but its just the waiting!!! When I have some spare time to log on to the computer and check my emails... I have to check the Australian forums... [B]everytime!!!Its like im obsessed!and I want my life back!!!! I wanna be living the australian lifestyle...not reading about it!!! im impatient and desperate to see some action and make this whole episode a reality!
Pull yourself together. Good things come to all who wait. Especially when dealing with DIMIA!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Pull yourself together. Good things come to all who wait. Especially when dealing with DIMIA!

hehehe!!! thats great advice!!! Its just toooooooooo exciting!!! like a child waiting for santa claus!!! cant wait for my gift!!!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

hehehe!!! thats great advice!!! Its just toooooooooo exciting!!! like a child waiting for santa claus!!! cant wait for my gift!!!
So where you heading too, what do you do, what visa are you gunning for, have you been before and where are you from? Not that im a nosey person!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel wanna,
I am so sick of waiting for it happen. I look as though I have had this visa in for only a couple of months but it has been years in the planning. I have had to do a degree and a hairdressing course and loads of other stuff in order to make this work.

I love my sisters dearly but I am also sick of hearing about so and so at the Barbie and what they did and didn't do.

I want it so much too, before I die of stress related problems lol

I can empathise and I know how you feel

loads of karma for you

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
I know how you feel wanna,
I am so sick of waiting for it happen. I look as though I have had this visa in for only a couple of months but it has been years in the planning. I have had to do a degree and a hairdressing course and loads of other stuff in order to make this work.

I love my sisters dearly but I am also sick of hearing about so and so at the Barbie and what they did and didn't do.

I want it so much too, before I die of stress related problems lol

I can empathise and I know how you feel

loads of karma for you

hugs Lace x
Now come on you lot, it will happen, I was just the same.
I thought i would never get here. And the stress continues, we are building and get the keys next week, just before xmas , and we came here just before xmas, so i feel i missed out on 2 Christmases.
Enjoy what will probably be your LAST Xmas in UK. Because if i miss anything it is Christmas back home.
Denise
Old Dec 17th 2005, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Denise,
if it was in the bag I would feel better this Christmas and I would singing and jumping as it is I feel like doing none of those things as I have now put loads of money and energy into it. Mine is not a clear cut case.

Just feeling low.

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 17th 2005, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Denise,
if it was in the bag I would feel better this Christmas and I would singing and jumping as it is I feel like doing none of those things as I have now put loads of money and energy into it. Mine is not a clear cut case.

Just feeling low.

hugs Lace x
I can't seem to get into the christmas thing this year, I know the visa's going to come any day now (if the DIMIA Gods look kindly on us). It seems to take up all my energy and thoughts. I check my e-mails every few hours even though I know they are all in bed!).

I normally have all pressies bought, cards written, food shopping ordered etc by the end of November, but this year I've only just done it. Not even thought about the food yet!

It really is rubbish all this waiting.

Here's to everyone NOT having to go through this limbo for much longer.

Wendy
Old Dec 17th 2005, 7:56 am
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

How long have you been waiting for your decision?
We got everything sent off, waited a couple of weeks then got an email asking for more info on hubby's work ( self employed ). Sent that off, they've had it for nearly a week now so were just waiting, fingers crossed!
It would be a fantastic Christmas if they said yes next week.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rick07
How long have you been waiting for your decision?
We got everything sent off, waited a couple of weeks then got an email asking for more info on hubby's work ( self employed ). Sent that off, they've had it for nearly a week now so were just waiting, fingers crossed!
It would be a fantastic Christmas if they said yes next week.
I know what you mean. I think this last few weeks have seemed longer than the whole of the past twelve put together. You know it's so close, but it seems to be like waiting for xmas, but this year xmas is coming quicker than you'd like cos all you want is the bloody visa!

When did you put your meds etc in?

Wendy
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My meds have only gone in this week and I have had the visa in nearly 2 months. It isn't that, I know the Christmas my sisters are having now. God, I have seen the video enough times lol. I want to be part of the video.

I think if I had a CO then I would have contact and would be able to e-mail the info they wanted then they would have everything but waiting for this CO is horse shit!

Ho ho bloody ho lol lace x
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My meds have only gone in this week and I have had the visa in nearly 2 months. It isn't that, I know the Christmas my sisters are having now. God, I have seen the video enough times lol. I want to be part of the video.

I think if I had a CO then I would have contact and would be able to e-mail the info they wanted then they would have everything but waiting for this CO is horse shit!

Ho ho bloody ho lol lace x
I've sent you some K to see if it helps you get a CO.

LOL Wendy
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks babe, I have sent you some for your visa
lol
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sent you some too Rick, I couldn't remember your name thats why I am posting it in this special post just for you lol

lace x
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:28 am
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WendyC
I know what you mean. I think this last few weeks have seemed longer than the whole of the past twelve put together. You know it's so close, but it seems to be like waiting for xmas, but this year xmas is coming quicker than you'd like cos all you want is the bloody visa!

When did you put your meds etc in?

Wendy
Had our meds done in september, i think. We had abit of a problem after that with my hubby's police checks, so it has all dragged on for us and also our co wanted more info on hubby been self employed. We keep reading everyone's timescale and thinking bloodyhell ours has dragged on for ages!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.