Imop

Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Imop

It is only my opinion - but when did our sums, paying for a very large container single user 40ft and bought everything, it worked out a dam sight cheaper than trying to re purchase in OZ, because we did not bring our white goods (accepted bad advice) and some electrical, we spent over $6000 replacing washing machine, fridges etc. With owning four bikes and a decent set of childrens clubs I would have hated to replace them as well, beside we would have received very little for them if we sold in the UK. I am of the school the only things I miss are the items I did not bring! In total it cost us around $14K to ship a four bed house and apart from the things I already mentioned it was a lot lot cheaper than trying to buy items for $14K to fill a four bed house.

I now have the choice of replacing items when I need them and not in all one expensive go. I suppose some of the choice can come down to how cash rich you are after making the move.

Cheers Sandra
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:21 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Imop - Items to OZ

Originally posted by Sandra
It is only my opinion - but when did our sums, paying for a very large container single user 40ft and bought everything, it worked out a dam sight cheaper than trying to re purchase in OZ, because we did not bring our white goods (accepted bad advice) and some electrical, we spent over $6000 replacing washing machine, fridges etc. With owning four bikes and a decent set of childrens clubs I would have hated to replace them as well, beside we would have received very little for them if we sold in the UK. I am of the school the only things I miss are the items I did not bring! In total it cost us around $14K to ship a four bed house and apart from the things I already mentioned it was a lot lot cheaper than trying to buy items for $14K to fill a four bed house.

I now have the choice of replacing items when I need them and not in all one expensive go. I suppose some of the choice can come down to how cash rich you are after making the move.

Cheers Sandra
Dozy eejit I am - I meant this to be a response to another thread - Items to OZ! Sorry

Cheers Sandra