Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Immunisation Records-Help!!

Immunisation Records-Help!!

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:16 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immunisation Records-Help!!

Hi,

Today i was sent a letter from Centrelink wanting details of my daughters immunisation status (for Child Care Benefit purposes).

Although i got copies from our GP in the UK before we left,I put them in a box of paperwork which was posted to OZ 3weeks before we left the UK & we have been here for 5weeks now & the box has not turned up yet!

What do i do? Do i have to get back in touch with my GP in the UK & request more copies of the immunisation records & ask them to post them to me in OZ??? which i really dont think they will do!

Please someone tell me theres an easier way?!!

When i phoned Centrelink to explain my situation all they offered me was a deadline of the 1st of April (instead of 28days) to get the paperwork back to them.

Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated

Donna.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:22 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Immunisation Records-Help!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi,

Today i was sent a letter from Centrelink wanting details of my daughters immunisation status (for Child Care Benefit purposes).

Although i got copies from our GP in the UK before we left,I put them in a box of paperwork which was posted to OZ 3weeks before we left the UK & we have been here for 5weeks now & the box has not turned up yet!

What do i do? Do i have to get back in touch with my GP in the UK & request more copies of the immunisation records & ask them to post them to me in OZ??? which i really dont think they will do!

When i phoned Centrelink to explain my situation all they offered me was a deadline of the 1st of April (instead of 28days) to get the paperwork back to them.

Donna.
Go to your local doctor here, and explain what you need, what you have, what immunisations your child has had, and see if they can fill in the "Immunisation History form IMMU-13" for you.

There is a place on the form for the doctor to state " Immunistation History is not available, but I believe the child to be appropriately immunised"

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:27 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Go to your local doctor here, and explain what you need, what you have, what immunisations your child has had, and see if they can fill in the "Immunisation History form IMMU-13" for you.

There is a place on the form for the doctor to state " Immunistation History is not available, but I believe the child to be appropriately immunised"

Thanks Eric,

Is this the only way around it?

Donna.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:29 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Donna.
Hi Donna
Sure the UK GP will reproduce them for you then send them to a UK address or get a relative to pick them up, maybe.
Anyway, all immunisations (if succesful) yield an antibody response, so worst case scenario you could get the antibody levels of the appropriate viruses checked in a blood sample at a path. lab. Most tests are done daily, weekly at most. May cost you a bit, maybe AUS$100 but really I have no idea how they charge for such testing. When you see your local GP here, you can ask him/her to arrange.

Andrew
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Koza is on a distinguished road

Don't think you can say "I consciously refused immunisation" and then bring the records.
I'd ask the GP in UK to fax it to you and Centrelink.

And do you really need it now, that is are you using Childcare already?

Last edited by Koza; Feb 23rd 2005 at 5:34 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:37 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks Eric,

Is this the only way around it?

Donna.
I am not sure if anything has changed since 2000, but we had to get that form done by a doctor, even though we had our UK records

I may be able to check 100% later, but I feel that you will need the Australian immunisation form for Centrelink, and your UK info would need to be converted to Australian info, by a Doctor (or council immunisation officer) to get it.

PS, when you get your copy of that form, the details written on it will fade within 5 years, so you can hardly read them

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Koza
Don't think you can say "I consciously refused immunisation" and then bring the records.

Actually I think you can "consciously refuse immunisation", but... the childcare centres can also "refuse admittance"

I think Centrelink benefits may be stopped if the forms aren't in by the due date.

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Another way, you might try to write a Stat Declaration about what injections the child had and take it to any GP, who will fill a local certificate for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Koza

Sorry i dont understand your post? my daughter is fully immunised to date,her immunisation records are drifting about somewhere (UK-OZ!)

My daughter started Kindergarten on Monday,I just recieved a letter from Centrelink this morning telling me they need immunisation status or my Child Care benefit will be affected.

Donna.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Oh sorry, I meant, you have a right to refuse immunisation, but that' s not the case. Yes, you need the paper Talk to a local GP, what they think?

If the letter isn't lost at all, Centrelink may return you the underpaid benefit later. It's not a tremendous amount of money, anyway. But you still need the certificat later....
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:03 am
ABCDiamond

This is a link to a pdf file copy of the form needed: http://www.hic.gov.au/providers/reso...mu_13_0104.pdf

also look at http://www.hic.gov.au/yourhealth/our...r/tracking.htm for more info on all this.

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:35 am

Hi,
Thanks everybody,i think i will try Andrews suggestion first,(phone the UK doctor,request more copies & get someone to collect & post them over to me)

Phew! if that fails i will try plan B

Donna.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:12 am
ABCDiamond

Hi Donna

I think you will find that even after getting the records from the UK, you may still need to go to the doctors to get that form done for the Australian Immunisation Register.

Have Centrelink told you exactly what forms they require ? As they normally require the Australian issued records, (ie: The Queensland Health "Personal Health Record" booklet), one issued in another country may not be acceptable.

It might be worth a phone call to check the options with them.

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hi Donna

I think you will find that even after getting the records from the UK, you may still need to go to the doctors to get that form done for the Australian Immunisation Register.

Have Centrelink told you exactly what forms they require ? As they normally require the Australian issued records, (ie: The Queensland Health "Personal Health Record" booklet), one issued in another country may not be acceptable.

It might be worth a phone call to check the options with them.
Yes,im going to pop into the doctors here tomorrow too & see whats what.

All centrelink said was they need acceptable evidence that Louises immunisations are up to date,so i will double check on exactly what they require!

Thankyou very much for your help once again Eric

Donna.