Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:29 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat? Surely it must be wrong to eat Kangaroo meat. Kangaroos have highly developed emotions and strong family links. Breaking of these strong bonds in the relationships between kangaroos is likely to cause immensly high levels of distress to the kangaroo community?

Let me know what you think?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Originally posted by Blim
Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat? Surely it must be wrong to eat Kangaroo meat. Kangaroos have highly developed emotions and strong family links. Breaking of these strong bonds in the relationships between kangaroos is likely to cause immensly high levels of distress to the kangaroo community?

So Blim, are you a meat eater?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:38 pm
WBB

never mind the roos.......YOU ALL EAT SHEEP.

poor buggers

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:39 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Originally posted by Larissa
So Blim, are you a meat eater?
I think its important to select meat that isn't distressed. I think that the important point
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:41 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Kangaroo Meat isn't as readily available for humans as many people think. It is in aussie themed restaurants along with emu but eating my national emblem doesn't get my saliva glands going.

My cat Betty has 'roo' meat every night for dinner.. it is sold mostly for pet food here.

Immoral...............nah......bit tough though !!

bon apetit!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

So Blim, are you thinking it might taste a tad stringy? (due to the distress). Perhaps you could try offering it a lollypop to come to the back of the abertoir with you.
Welshboy... stop worrying about them darn sheep!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its important to select meat that isn't distressed. I think that the important point

i think that you will find that most animals are disressed when they are being killed (years of experience in my youth working in a chicken factory)

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:00 pm
WBB

i would imagine death to be quite distressing.

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:48 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Pigs are social animals too...

I'll eat anything, but i have to admit that the way some animals are treated (chickens in particular) are pretty bad.

Humans are natural meat eaters, we are all designed to be omniverous.

As for roos....

Roos used for meat (either for humans or petfood, or any other use) are i beleive farmed, so the effect on the roo community would be small.

Had roo burgers when i was out there....they were ok, similar to any other burger. Can't beat a nice bit of good quality steak in my opinion. Ostritch is nice too.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:15 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by PeteY
Pigs are social animals too...

I'll eat anything, but i have to admit that the way some animals are treated (chickens in particular) are pretty bad.

Humans are natural meat eaters, we are all designed to be omniverous.

As for roos....

Roos used for meat (either for humans or petfood, or any other use) are i beleive farmed, so the effect on the roo community would be small.

Had roo burgers when i was out there....they were ok, similar to any other burger. Can't beat a nice bit of good quality steak in my opinion. Ostritch is nice too.
PeteY,
you are a man after my own heart (or aftre my Roo.)

I've had a roo steak in North Wales of all places and it tasted ok to me!
I'm sure I've seen it in one of the big supermarkets in the UK just after I had it. I'll have a look tomorrow and let you all know.
(The wife just gave me ever such a bad look as I told her I'd eaten sme roo.:scared

Bye all
Markeh
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:21 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like a bit of 'Beef' myself........ LOL

To be honest,,,,,ill eat anything.

British, Indian, Chinese, mexican, you name it, I love it.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:28 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Fish...now there's a distressed meat....how does it taste to you????

:scared:

A whole community, nay, population wiped clean in an instant.

Give <")))>< a chance I say !

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't think I could eat Skippy as I grew up with him/her?
Any other not a problem.Our dogs eat horse meat we wouldn't dream of it but many nations do including the French but they also eat snails:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:48 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

love tuna ... its basically all I live on apart from an occassional banana or avacado pear
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:53 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Originally posted by sky
love tuna ... its basically all I live on apart from an occassional banana or avacado pear
basically i think it's clearcut. Scientific research shows that <")))>< do not feel pain. Kangaroos are different you might think this is a laughimg matter but whole kanagoroo comunitees may suffer for generations to come over just one kanagoroo being caught and eaten.

How do we know how emotional they get? You can tell by looking in their eyes. I consider kangaroos are getting sadder each year. I don't know how much more they can take.

We must take action

Blim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.