Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:10 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

Well as the title suggests I ended up in hosptial last night. I had some sort of attack whereby my heart was racing for about 30 mins and I felt as though I was going to pass out constantly. :scared: I was in the house with my 5 year old daughter and was terrified that I would faint while she was there on her own. Thankfully I managed to get hubby back from work and my mum phoned an ambulance for me. When my heart wasn't racing I was shaking like a leaf. It was all very frightening and the first thing the ambulance man asked me was 'are you under any stress at the moment?'!!! I explained that we were leaving for Australia in 2 months and he reckons that was probably the cause! A massive rush of adrenalin causes it apparently? I had to go with them in the Ambulance. A few tests were run in hosptial and then I was back home 2 hours later. All very embarrassing but the upshot is that I'm going to see the doctor today and try and get signed off work for my remaining month. I used to thrive on stress - I'm turning into a right baby!!

So everyone - calm down ok!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:12 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

OMG, glad you are OK - must have been :scared: though!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: This immigration lark really is stressful - hospital for me last night!

I know it's got a bit heated on here the last few days but we can't have people dropping like flies Seriously I hope you're okay, you should take some time away from things and relax. Take some time away from the forum sometimes the whole malarky gets a bit too much. Take care, kathy
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:15 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your back to normal soon...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:27 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Well as the title suggests I ended up in hosptial last night. I had some sort of attack whereby my heart was racing for about 30 mins So everyone - calm down ok!!

Thats what happens when you decide to go cold turkey you need to stay outta that drinks cupboard...

Hope your feeling much better now and good luck with your move i will have one of these on you you keep yer mitts off woman..
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

What was it, tachycardia?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:30 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Crikey, it's enough to give you palpitations just thinking about it :scared:
Just take things easy and let the rest of the family do the work. And psst.... *don't tell the immigration people!!!!!* Ssssshhhhh
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you poor thing, ask the Dr to give you a little pink tablet ,Zanax I think - both hubby and I have needed these in the past to stop panic attacks. But I found that just by knowing I had then actually helped, I didn't need to take them often.
Mind you all this waiting around in Limboland is beginning to stress me out!
Hx
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:46 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by renth
What was it, tachycardia?
I'm not sure to be honest renth. I've never suffered with anything like this before - very frightening though (and very embarrassing being absolutely fine by the time I reached the hospital!!). I've got an appt to see the doc tomorrow morning so we'll see what they've got to say about the basket case I've apparently turned into!! I just feel really tired today again and have a bit of a headache. Any docs out there??!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure to be honest renth. I've never suffered with anything like this before - very frightening though (and very embarrassing being absolutely fine by the time I reached the hospital!!). I've got an appt to see the doc tomorrow morning so we'll see what they've got to say about the basket case I've apparently turned into!! I just feel really tired today again and have a bit of a headache. Any docs out there??!!!

Just take it easy and try not to get too stressed.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:09 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Well as the title suggests I ended up in hosptial last night. I had some sort of attack whereby my heart was racing for about 30 mins and I felt as though I was going to pass out constantly. :scared: I was in the house with my 5 year old daughter and was terrified that I would faint while she was there on her own. Thankfully I managed to get hubby back from work and my mum phoned an ambulance for me. When my heart wasn't racing I was shaking like a leaf. It was all very frightening and the first thing the ambulance man asked me was 'are you under any stress at the moment?'!!! I explained that we were leaving for Australia in 2 months and he reckons that was probably the cause! A massive rush of adrenalin causes it apparently? I had to go with them in the Ambulance. A few tests were run in hosptial and then I was back home 2 hours later. All very embarrassing but the upshot is that I'm going to see the doctor today and try and get signed off work for my remaining month. I used to thrive on stress - I'm turning into a right baby!!

That is scary! I have been feeling a bit like that a lot lately. A long walk or lying still and doing deep breathing exercises seems to help calm me down. I will be extra careful next time I start to feel like that. I am glad to hear you are okay.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by worzel
That is scary! I have been feeling a bit like that a lot lately. A long walk or lying still and doing deep breathing exercises seems to help calm me down. I will be extra careful next time I start to feel like that. I am glad to hear you are okay.
Yes it was scarey. Lying down usually does the trick for me too but this time I was lying down for 30 mins and it was just getting worse. Horrible feeling. I'm feeling much better today though thanks.

Take stock and calm down - its not worth getting stressed about is it (hard not to though!!)
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Yes it was scarey. Lying down usually does the trick for me too but this time I was lying down for 30 mins and it was just getting worse. Horrible feeling. I'm feeling much better today though thanks.

Take stock and calm down - its not worth getting stressed about is it (hard not to though!!)
How terrifying, pleased you are ok. It is, in a odd kind of way quite good to hear that other people are srtruggling too.

We have 52 days to go.

Our emotions are so up and down, there does not seem to be a moment when one of us is not having a tantrum.

My daughter who is 16 seems to be doing the best but she is at a good time in life to leave just finishing GCSEs.

My husband keeps going off to have quiet moments down the garden, my son is up and down and I feel like my head is going to explode. Going back to school tomorrow is not a good thought (I am a teacher).

It is good to be able to post and share this. Need to stop now or I might cry!
Tara
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:37 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully its just a panic attack and nothing serious. I had a couple when I was younger and apparantly its just one of those things and nothing to worry about at all - I passed out and everything Here's hoping its just that!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Went through exactly the same thing myself. Ended up with hubby rushing me to the ER about 5 times in the middle of the night, convinced I was having a heart attack each time - even though they had convinced me each time that it was not a heart attack. I became the laughing stock of the ER, until one night I woke hubby up and said I needed to go to the hospital - he simply siad NO - so I drove myself, and admitted myself and the doctor (who by now knows me well) said - where's hubby - when I told him he was at home in bed - that was IT - I had them all rolling in laughter - so NOW will die before I ever go back... horrible - nausty people!

On the bright side - they found that I had low iron and propably going through a bit of early menopause (very common nowadays for women in their 30's to experience menopause symtoms) - so with Vitamin B injections, extra vitamins and Iron tablets - I was all better and back to normal in no time at all. Also slow down on the caffeine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.