Reload this Page >

Immigration and Job advice needed

Immigration and Job advice needed

Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:24 am
Just Joined

rajrsus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration and Job advice needed

My Background:
As an Australian permanent resident for last 2 years, I am working in an IT company for the salary of 60K with 8 years of experience. I have a family of wife and Kid with single income. I tried to increase the salary by looking for job outside. Unfortunately due to less demand for my skill, I haven't got many opportunity.

Recently I applied for a job from Auckland,NZ and got the offer for 95K. I am really not sure to decide on weather to move out of Australia? I know if I stay here for some more period, I may get a Pay similar to that. But is it worth really to move to NZ as I am really settled here with kids education and other factors.

I am struggling to make a decision. Some advice needed on pros and cons.

Thanks people.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 6:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration and Job advice needed

Originally Posted by rajrsus
My Background:
As an Australian permanent resident for last 2 years, I am working in an IT company for the salary of 60K with 8 years of experience. I have a family of wife and Kid with single income. I tried to increase the salary by looking for job outside. Unfortunately due to less demand for my skill, I haven't got many opportunity.

Recently I applied for a job from Auckland,NZ and got the offer for 95K. I am really not sure to decide on weather to move out of Australia? I know if I stay here for some more period, I may get a Pay similar to that. But is it worth really to move to NZ as I am really settled here with kids education and other factors.

Thanks people.
I've moved your post to the main forum as several people in there have experience of living in both countries

Probably also worth a good read of the New zealand forum, if you haven't already done so.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

My Background:

Thanks people.
Auckland is a hole but for 50% more money I'd go. Kiwis are generally nice people. See if you can make it Wellington.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
See if you can make it Wellington.
Another shithole
Old Apr 24th 2015, 4:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My Background:

Thanks people.
Depends how important it is to you and your wife to earn more money. If you're managing ok on what you earn, and all the family is happy and settled, then I'd be inclined to stay put. If you're struggling financially, and that's affecting how happy you are, then it might be worth it to you.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Another shithole
Its the best of a bad bunch until the rebuild Christchurch.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks Guys.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

1 income and you're annoyed about not having enough money.You won't be any better off in New Zealand.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geezer123
1 income and you're annoyed about not having enough money.You won't be any better off in New Zealand.
Why is that?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Something to think about is your immigration status. If you're only an Australian PR you won't have any right to return to Australia at the end of your PR visa validity. It may be difficult to get a RRV when you have no ties to the country. If you can, either wait it out for citizenship or maybe your wife could get a part time job to help with the finances.