Reload this Page >

Immigration Interview Questions

Immigration Interview Questions

Old May 25th 2004, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

new_canadian_im is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Immigration Interview Questions

Hi,

I have found an awesome website run by someone in Canada who have posted Canadian Immigration Interview Questions [Also valid for Austrailia and New Zealand ] asked during an interview. I been to that site and printed all the questions and prepared all the answers, and guess what almost all the questions that were asked in an interview were there. Thanks to that person......

If you want to be successfull in Interview [for spouse or family case] you should check this out

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill

Best of luck in an interview

New_Canadian
Old May 25th 2004, 10:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Interview Questions

Hello NC,
I couldn't get the link to work - can you check the address is correct please ?
Old May 26th 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I sound thick here but this is the first I've heard of interviews. Does anyone know at what stage does this happen at? Does it apply to everyone or just selected visa types?
Old May 26th 2004, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Bix
Hello NC,
I couldn't get the link to work - can you check the address is correct please ?
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html
Old May 26th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cooks
Sorry if I sound thick here but this is the first I've heard of interviews. Does anyone know at what stage does this happen at? Does it apply to everyone or just selected visa types?
I am happy to be corrected in this but I think it's just certain visa types - defacto, prospective, spouse etc - and they want to establish that you really are a proper couple and not just doing it to get residency, hence the interview (probably trying to catch you out!). I think they mainly want to interview you if you've not been together very long or live in separate countries. People that have been together for a long time generally don't get interviewed unless there is a particular reason for doing so.
Old May 26th 2004, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Equally happy to be corrected by anyone who actually has been interviewed,but I think in the UK even for spouse visas a proper interview is a rare event. The nearest I got was because I got my visa over the counter I was asked where we met and stuff while the case officer sorted out the papers - took about 5 minutes. That was for Prospective Spouse. Some Pros Spouse visas that I've heard about just arrive by post, no questions at all, even when the parties are (like us) in different countries.
Old May 26th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

pheww, nothing to hide but just didn't fancy going down to London to get quizzed, remember what it was like in customs just going to Aus on holiday!!
Old May 26th 2004, 10:06 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by cooks
remember what it was like in customs just going to Aus on holiday!!
LOL, yeah...that was interesting!
Why are you here?
How long do you intend to stay?
What do you do?
What do you study?
How can you afford this vacation?
Is that your suitcase and did you pack it yourself?
Do you do drugs?

And there were even heaps more questions...
I felt so welcome
Old May 26th 2004, 10:11 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sander
LOL, yeah...that was interesting!
Why are you here?
How long do you intend to stay?
What do you do?
What do you study?
How can you afford this vacation?
Is that your suitcase and did you pack it yourself?
Do you do drugs?

And there were even heaps more questions...
I felt so welcome
They asked me similar questions and I'm an Australian.
Old May 26th 2004, 8:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ecando, that works fine.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:09 am
Just Joined

new_canadian_im is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks

Thanks for updating the link guys...