Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

immigration agents

immigration agents

Old Mar 20th 2002, 1:46 pm
sarah

Default immigration agents

I am hoping 2 apply 2 emmigrate. I will have 1 years teaching exp in July. i am thinking of seeing an agent to get advise. 4-corners r having an info day soon, they charge £35, does anyone think it is worth going to?
cheers

Old Mar 20th 2002, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration agents

It is not really worth going to the info day, we did. They gave a talk about Australia and New Zealand really general stuff not specific at all. Then we filled in a form which they took away, they contacted us about a week later to say that we were eligable and we had a further one on one meeting.

Then the shock £2850 +VAT was quoted. and that didn't include fees payable to the appropriate australian authority for skills assessment or application.

Try Global visas web site they do a FREE on line assessment and there fees are around £1500 and work on a no visa no fee policy. Or you could fill in the forms yourself, you will get plenty of help and advice on this site.
Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:33 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I did go through Global - but after reading the web sites on immigration and this forum, and Australia News, believe if your case is quite straight forward there are large savings to be made. And the no win no fee - is open to stages, and you will have paid the full money before your application is approved. If you fail on medical it is non refundable in many cases. My opinion only.

Cheers
Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say have a go yourselves - we chose a migration agent cause we are basically lazy in some respects and wanted hand holding and an incentive to get the forms in on time etc - eg the thought that we are paying for it. We had had the forms for over a year before we instructed an agent!!!

cheers again
Old Mar 20th 2002, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

I agree Sarah...unless you think your application is going to be complicated then I would seriously think about doing it yourself. It will save you money, we found it really straightforward, once we'd deciphered the DIMA instructions.

Good luck!

sophia x
Old Mar 20th 2002, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

KKMD is an unknown quantity at this point

Save your money, take your time getting the info for your skill assessment, once you have that it just a matter of applying and waiting. They only fill forms in, and the info comes from you anyhow. fill them in yourself just pay attention to details.