Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Immigration Agent should I use??

Which Immigration Agent should I use??

Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Question Which Immigration Agent should I use??

Help....I'm just starting to put the wheels in motion to apply for full migration to Oz but am now at a loss about which company to use to help us get there???

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
T :-)
Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Which Immigration Agent should I use??

We are using Four Corners:

Four Corners Emigration
Strathblane House
Ashfield Road
Cheadle
Cheshire
SK8 1BB
United Kingdom

Tel: + 44 (0)161 608 1608
Fax: + 44 (0)161 608 1616
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.fourcorners.net

They have been extremely helpful so far.

GOOD LUCK
Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Which Immigration Agent should I use??

Thank you - I'll give them a call.

Originally posted by Wolfen
We are using Four Corners:

Four Corners Emigration
Strathblane House
Ashfield Road
Cheadle
Cheshire
SK8 1BB
United Kingdom

Tel: + 44 (0)161 608 1608
Fax: + 44 (0)161 608 1616
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.fourcorners.net

They have been extremely helpful so far.

GOOD LUCK
Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

There are others with an alternative reputation, try Gomatilda (Alan Collett) he posts on this and the immigration site. Also George Lombard and Steven O'Neil. All advise on this forum (4 corners don't) and are very helpful and friendly. Search on previous threads on agents, including 4 corners/four corners.
http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm
http://www.austimmigration.com.au/

Also attend emigrate exhibition in March for some contacts.
http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001

Do some research first
Mash..

Originally posted by Troood
Thank you - I'll give them a call.

Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am aware that 4 C have had bad posts, but they have been good for us.... Yes they are expensive, I agree. As long as they get me there I dont care.
Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Which Immigration Agent should I use??

I will do some more work on it first before I decide. Will also go to the Exhibition.

Thanks for your help,
T

Originally posted by mashiraz
There are others with an alternative reputation, try Gomatilda (Alan Collett) he posts on this and the immigration site. Also George Lombard and Steven O'Neil. All advise on this forum (4 corners don't) and are very helpful and friendly. Search on previous threads on agents, including 4 corners/four corners.
http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm
http://www.austimmigration.com.au/

Also attend emigrate exhibition in March for some contacts.
http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001

Do some research first
Mash..
Old Jan 7th 2003, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Help....I'm just starting to put the wheels in motion to apply for full migration to Oz but am now at a loss about which company to use to help us get there???

Cheers,
We are useing Ian Harrop & Assoc. we think they are really on the ball, but if you put a search in you'll find that there have been many such recommendations, they are very well respected.

Cheers Mark
Old Jan 8th 2003, 11:56 am
Just Joined

stevef is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,
Hello T,

Having found the process of applying for permanent residency without the assistance of a migration agent to be very straightforward, I wonder why you and other potential migrants don't save yourselves £ and do it yourselves. The forms are straightforward, and when we applied in 2000 (visas granted 2001) it was stated in the literature from the Australian authorities that applications via migration agencies do not get priority over any others. We found the application process was expensive enough without having to pay a third party a lot of £ to fill out a form, albeit a lengthy one, on our behalf.

Best wishes and good luck.

stevef.
Old Jan 8th 2003, 3:37 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Cheers,
I'm using Australian Migration Associates Ltd, Carrington Business Park, Carrington, Manchester, M31 4DD Tel 0161 776 9839. They boast a 100% success rate and have been brilliant with us. I met a few agents at trade shows, but none come close to these guys. They used to work at the AHC.

Steve
Old Jan 8th 2003, 4:12 pm
Magnetic Member

magnetman is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by stevef
Hello T,

Having found the process of applying for permanent residency without the assistance of a migration agent to be very straightforward, I wonder why you and other potential migrants don't save yourselves £ and do it yourselves. The forms are straightforward, and when we applied in 2000 (visas granted 2001) it was stated in the literature from the Australian authorities that applications via migration agencies do not get priority over any others. We found the application process was expensive enough without having to pay a third party a lot of £ to fill out a form, albeit a lengthy one, on our behalf.

stevef.
I agree with this view, but only if your situation is straightforward. Previous marriages, multiple dependants, complicated medical history can all make the form filling more awkward. My situation was fairly simple and I think I could probably have done the forms myself in retrospect. However, I used Ian Harrop and they were excellent. Its reassuring to have a third party check over everything before you send it in - you don't want it bounced back because of silly mistakes. I think Ian is an ex employee of the immigration service so has a lot of inside knowledge.

cheers
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats interesting feedback and has given me more food for thought. Where did you get your application form from, the embassy?

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I'm using Australian Migration Associates Ltd, Carrington Business Park, Carrington, Manchester, M31 4DD Tel 0161 776 9839. They boast a 100% success rate and have been brilliant with us. I met a few agents at trade shows, but none come close to these guys. They used to work at the AHC.

Steve
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:33 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thats interesting feedback and has given me more food for thought. Where did you get your application form from, the embassy?
The Agent has all the forms, examples from previous applicants etc., and because they have a 100% success rate, you know that all the examples worked. They are very good and will talk you through it stage by stage and at a fraction of the cost of other agent we looked at.

Steve.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Which Immigration Agent should I use??

One last question - I'm sure your all busy! When obtaining employment references can I gather these before registering with an agent. Where do I get an example of the kind of information is required on these references?

Thanks again for all your help - really good to be able to talk to people who have gone through this.

Originally posted by stevef
Hello T,

stevef.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 11:28 am
I Know What's Going On!

One last question - I'm sure your all busy! When obtaining employment references can I gather these before registering with an agent. Where do I get an example of the kind of information is required on these references?

Thanks again for all your help - really good to be able to talk to people who have gone through this.

The agent I mentioned have all the examples, references from old employers can be got any time, but wait until your agent tells you to obtain a reference from your current employer. It still takes a bit of time even through an agent and your last reference from your current employer could be out of date by the time it gets to OZ to be checked. AMA Ltd will tell you all you need to know.

Steve
Old Jan 9th 2003, 1:31 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Troood,

As a matter of interest, what is your occupation? Some skills assessments are relatively straightforward, whereas others (such as the RPL assessments for IT people without tertiary level qualifications, or some of the trade skills assessments where there is a need to substantiate what you have been doing in the workplace) tend to be more involved.

Hope to see you at Migrate 2003 - the person to have a natter with at the Go Matilda stand (number 265 in the Australian Village on the 1st Floor at the top of the stairs) in respect of skills assessments will be Glenn Newton (details of Glenn's background are here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm )

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.