Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Immigrating to Taz

Immigrating to Taz

Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Scottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the rough
Default Immigrating to Taz

My husband,myself and our daughter are hoping to move to Tassie early next year. My husbands mum, sister, his mum's parents and most of his aunt's etc, have already been there for 15 odd years.
My hubby is a certified Meta coach, qualified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programmer) practitioner, and has his own business in life/executive coaching. Basically we are seriously frustrated as he has been told that to qualify for a visa like SIR, he has to get a qualification in counselling!!! There was also a job for a certified meta coach that was offered to my husband by someone willing to sponsor him. The job had to be advertised first to see if an Australian applied (fair enough I thought) Not one person applied. Our visa app based around this was turned down based on the fact that there are already many counsellors in Oz!! Arghhhhh, the job was for an EXECUTIVE META COACH, not a counsellor!
Is there anyone who has immigrated to Taz with a similar experience. Actually I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made the move the beautiful country, and their experiences.
It makes me even more frustrated when I watch programmes like "A life down under" and see the people that manage to get PR. How do they do it!!!?? Sorry for the long thread....
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrating to Taz

Originally Posted by Scottie2hottie
My husband,myself and our daughter are hoping to move to Tassie early next year. My husbands mum, sister, his mum's parents and most of his aunt's etc, have already been there for 15 odd years.
My hubby is a certified Meta coach, qualified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programmer) practitioner, and has his own business in life/executive coaching. Basically we are seriously frustrated as he has been told that to qualify for a visa like SIR, he has to get a qualification in counselling!!! There was also a job for a certified meta coach that was offered to my husband by someone willing to sponsor him. The job had to be advertised first to see if an Australian applied (fair enough I thought) Not one person applied. Our visa app based around this was turned down based on the fact that there are already many counsellors in Oz!! Arghhhhh, the job was for an EXECUTIVE META COACH, not a counsellor!
Is there anyone who has immigrated to Taz with a similar experience. Actually I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made the move the beautiful country, and their experiences.
It makes me even more frustrated when I watch programmes like "A life down under" and see the people that manage to get PR. How do they do it!!!?? Sorry for the long thread....

You should consider getting some professional assistance on the options available. If you find an employer in Tasmania, a visa like RSMS could be possible.

As for having to 'advertise' the position - this no longer applies for ENS, but you do need either a skill assessment or 2 years work experience on a temporary visa.

Get professional assistance if serious about migrating as a case like yours is not straightforward.

Jeremy