Reload this Page >

Immigrating from Canada to Australia

Immigrating from Canada to Australia

Old May 17th 2002, 5:17 am
Just Joined

candam15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrating from Canada to Australia

Hi
My friend is presently a permanent resident in canada.He wants to migrate to Australia.He is currently doing master degree in Engineering .He is having 4+ years experience in Information Technology field.How much time it takes to migrate from canada to Australia?Because of difficult job climat in canada he joined in Masters.
Old May 18th 2002, 7:20 pm
John Trieu

Default Re: Immigrating from Canada to Australia

I'm in the same category. I am a Canadian citizen currently in the opening phase of
the application. I was told that IT applicants generally gets priority in the
waiting line. All in all it should take approximately 6 months if everything goes
well for IT apps.

Good Luck JT

"candam15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi My friend is presently a permanent resident in canada.He wants to migrate to
    > Australia.He is currently doing master degree in Engineering He is having 4+ years
    > experience in Information Technology field.How much time it takes to migrate from
    > canada to Australia?Because of difficult job climat in canada he joined in Masters.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 19th 2002, 3:20 am
Jaj

Default Re: Immigrating from Canada to Australia

It can take anywhere between 4-18+ months to migrate from Canada to Australia.
Presumably your friend has newsgroup and Internet access, the best option is for him
to do some searching online, and reading through messages on this NG for starters.

If he's a full time student (in Canada) he may have problems meeting Australia's
recent skilled work experience requirement until he gets back into the workforce.

I hope he's also aware that if he migrates away from Canada without becoming a
Canadian citizen, he puts his Canadian PR at risk.

Jeremy

>On 17 May 2002 13:20:21 GMT, candam15 <[email protected]> wrote: Hi My friend
    >is presently a permanent resident in canada.He wants to migrate to Australia.He is
    >currently doing master degree in Engineering He is having 4+ years experience in
    >Information Technology field.How much time it takes to migrate from canada to
    >Australia?Because of difficult job climat in canada he joined in Masters.
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com