Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IMF, the Yankee Doodle Dandies and Interest Rates

IMF, the Yankee Doodle Dandies and Interest Rates

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default IMF, the Yankee Doodle Dandies and Interest Rates

IMF: Real interest set to rise around the world.

First they carp on about New Age Paradigms then the Yankee's Perfect Bullshit Bubble goes Bung. Now they borrow your money to spend their way to financial health paying you back sometime, maybe, in debased dollars.

US threat to world economy

IMF: Transcript of a Tele-Conference Press Briefing on "U.S. Fiscal Policies and Priorities for Long-Run Sustainability"

IMF: U.S. Fiscal Policies and Priorities for Long-Run Sustainability

Yankee Doodle came to town
Riding on a pony,
Stuck a feather in his hat
And called him Macaroni.

Yankee Doodle
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:33 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically Dubyas overspending is going to send all our interest rates up and will have a severe impact on the world economy.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:14 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice links, Megs.

Bush is going to do everything possible to get re-elected and I reckon tits-up time for the US economy is a few days after the election. Until then, obfuscation and prestidigitation but negative trend will not remain hidden.

Impact on other currencies, specific interest to me GDP, EUR, AUD, NZD?

A 15% (say) decline in the USD this year followed by 20% next. Japs intervene and limit movement of JPY, above 4 plus Loony, Swissie, Norwegians will take the strain, not evenly.

Could see some disproportionate positive impact on best of the emerging mkt currencies.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:58 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Word Of The Day: Prestidigitation, or is it PresidentDigititis?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, I realise now that my quest for Antipodean information, and my english education are concomitant.