Reload this Page >

Im a Trainer, get me outta here

Im a Trainer, get me outta here

Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

yohandrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Im a Trainer, get me outta here

Hi all

This is my 1st post! We are planning to emigrate within the next 2 years. I recently did an assesment at the Migaration Expert site to test the waters. We passed (scored 110 and the pass mark was 110). My sister can sponser me to go over to Oz and we feel confident.

My post is about, Im a business trainer and when I filled out the form it was classed as a skill not specifically in demand and referred to a list of occupations that are. I would like to ask, will this seriously affect my visa app? My OH is studying childcare, the result being a level 3 diploma which we hope will increase the point scale, Im just hoping that we stand as much chance as anyone of being successful

Apologies if this has been posted previously, the site is so good but I havent had chance to read everything

Hello to everyone we havent met yet

Thanks

Last edited by yohandrew; Jan 19th 2007 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Im a Trainer, let me train you

Hi there, sorry we can't offer any advise as to the questions asked but just wanted to say welcome to the site. Good luck.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Default Im a aTrainer, get me outta here

Apologies, I may have misled peeps with my 1st title. Heres my original post

We are planning to emigrate within the next 2 years. I recently did an assesment at the Migaration Expert site to test the waters. We passed (scored 110 and the pass mark was 110). My sister can sponser me to go over to Oz and we feel confident.

My post is about, Im a business trainer and when I filled out the form it was classed as a skill not specifically in demand and referred to a list of occupations that are. I would like to ask, will this seriously affect my visa app? My OH is studying childcare, the result being a level 3 diploma which we hope will increase the point scale, Im just hoping that we stand as much chance as anyone of being successful

Apologies if this has been posted previously, the site is so good but I havent had chance to read everything

Hello to everyone we havent met yet

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys, i think ive misled members with the title a bit so Ive reposted. Good luck with your move
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:12 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yohandrew
thanks guys, i think ive misled members with the title a bit so Ive reposted. Good luck with your move
What exactly do you mean by "business trainer" - do you have any specific qualifications to back it up or is it all based on experience?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thebears
What exactly do you mean by "business trainer" - do you have any specific qualifications to back it up or is it all based on experience?
good question - I work for an electricity supply company in th uk but the courses I have designed and delivered would probably fit into a business admin category. Ive also designed bespoke courses to suit systems. As far as quals go, im currently doing my certificate in training practice, supported by the CIPD, an internationally recognised body which Im hoping equates to the relevant training qual over there
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Im a Trainer, get me outta here

Hi and welcome to BE sorry cannot help with your questions just wanted to sy hi.

Tracey
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

when I filled out the form it was classed as a skill not specifically in demand and referred to a list of occupations that are. I would like to ask, will this seriously affect my visa app?
I am not quite sure what you mean? Are you saying you had a look at the SOL (Skilled Occupation List: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf ), and your job wasn't listed?

If your job isn't on the SOL then you can't apply for a skilled independent visa. It may be possible to apply for other visas, e.g. employer sponsored (if you can find an employer willing to sponsor you), or a student visa, or .... there are many different visa types.

Gina
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:56 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

good question - I work for an electricity supply company in th uk but the courses I have designed and delivered would probably fit into a business admin category. Ive also designed bespoke courses to suit systems. As far as quals go, im currently doing my certificate in training practice, supported by the CIPD, an internationally recognised body which Im hoping equates to the relevant training qual over there
The other problem is - 'International qualification' doesn't neccessarily mean Australia will accept it. Well, QLD might if you apply on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the 3rd 8th and 10th month, but only if it's been preceeded by a lunar eclipse. In NSW I believe it's the 1st and 3rd sundays in the odd numbered months as long as there has been a comet pass by the Wednesday before....you get the picture?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:13 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Training Officer IS on the SOL - 2291-17 - but is only a 50 point occupation, and is assessed by VETASSESS.

The problem with VETASSESS skills assessments is that they won't take into account any work experience, so the success or failure of your skills assessment will stand or fall on the basis of your training certificate. You will need to clarify that the certificate in training that you are doing is going to be recognised by them.

I would suggest, and anyone correct me if I am wrong, that there would be little point in applying for a skills assessment until you have completed your CertEd.

Have a look at the VETASSESS web sites and that will give you an idea of some of the hoops that you will need to jump through in order to pass the test.

I hope this helps,

S
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

thats great, thank you all, I had some idea it would be difficult to get sorted, Im just realising how difficult now!!

Thanks again