Reload this Page >

I'm Too Scared To Go...

Wikiposts

I'm Too Scared To Go...

Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default THANKYOU

Mrs.Neal here having just survived Asda with a 5 year old:scared: .THANKYOU to everyone who has replied to this thread.I was unsure as to post it or not as you can be jumped on a bit on here sometimes but your kindness is overwhelming(you've all made me cry AGAIN ).
Will read it all again when the house is quiet but for now a group hug I think... I'm really really grateful.Mrs.N
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mrs N. Go and put your feet up with a nice cup of coffee and a choccie biccie.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Am doing just that!Chocolate is definately the short-term answer... Mrs.N
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:00 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by neal
Am doing just that!Chocolate is definately the short-term answer... Mrs.N
I think choccy is completely underrated as a medicinal purposes type of thing and suggest that you and I enter into a long term research project that makes eating AT LEAST two bars of Cadbury Fruit and Nut a day compulsory.

We will post our scientific results in a year or two

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

...if we can reach past our humungous bellies to the keyboard.... LOLMrs.N
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:34 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by neal
...if we can reach past our humungous bellies to the keyboard.... LOLMrs.N

An unfortunate side effect of the programme, I am afraid
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs N - sent you a PM earlier- don't know if you regularly check when logging on
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:54 am
Go Banana's !!

Sending you a PM.................

Big hugs

Jill

Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

I got my visa 10 months ago - couldn't wait then, when I got it, wasn't so sure (still in good old UK!). Definitely a bit :scared: when the reality of what I was going to do sank in. Up until getting the visa it was all dead easy - "just" sort out selling the house, removals, leaving friends and family, etc. (yeah, right! ) The reality was a lot more scary. For me, it felt like there was loads to do in very little time and potentially a lot that was out of my direct control. Apparently this is pretty normal stuff. Couple that with what you've been through and it's no surprise that you're having second thoughts at the moment!

I don't know your circumstances but if it's feasible what about going on a validation trip, have a look around? That way you get another 4 and a bit years to decide what you want to do. Worked for me: spent a bit of time in Adelaide (STNI visa) last July and, having done that, decided it was a nice place to live IF I decide that's what I want to do (loads of stuff going on for me here now - typical good timing!). Removing the time pressure of "must be there within 12 months of medicals/police clearance" definitely helped. Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:28 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by stotty
I got my visa 10 months ago - couldn't wait then, when I got it, wasn't so sure (still in good old UK!). Definitely a bit :scared: when the reality of what I was going to do sank in. Up until getting the visa it was all dead easy - "just" sort out selling the house, removals, leaving friends and family, etc. (yeah, right! ) The reality was a lot more scary. For me, it felt like there was loads to do in very little time and potentially a lot that was out of my direct control. Apparently this is pretty normal stuff. Couple that with what you've been through and it's no surprise that you're having second thoughts at the moment!

I don't know your circumstances but if it's feasible what about going on a validation trip, have a look around? That way you get another 4 and a bit years to decide what you want to do. Worked for me: spent a bit of time in Adelaide (STNI visa) last July and, having done that, decided it was a nice place to live IF I decide that's what I want to do (loads of stuff going on for me here now - typical good timing!). Removing the time pressure of "must be there within 12 months of medicals/police clearance" definitely helped. Good luck whatever you decide.
here here...this is what I was going to suggest..take a holiday to help you get well again validate visa, and take the pressure off rushing to do everything by october...

good luck...
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better soon Mrs Neal...
big hugs,
Larissa
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:27 am
earlswood

Mrs N,

Am sending you another PM, You will probably be confused by the first one

Anita x

Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:28 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Larissa
Hope you feel better soon Mrs Neal...
big hugs,
Larissa

If your HorrorMoans are up the creak which they will be at the moment then everything else will suffer, it feels like the end of the world for me two days a month but I know that it will lift and a few days later the world is ok again, I would suggest:

1. Wait till the HRT kicks in
2 Validate in October only and then and only then decide your next course of action.
3. Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate

You are doing alright and your gonna get there it just takes time, you have had a major operation, be proud of what you have achieved and look forward to things you will be doing when you are feeling back to yourself again.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
oh dear.....think you have just come off the emotional rollercoaster from hell!!!!!!!!
you sound like you need some time to get back to a 'normal' life/routine for a bit and give yourself time to catch your breath!
As you have your visa and dont need to be over their until October that gives hubby another 3-4 months before he needs to resign.....why not agree to take a month off from everything australia, take the time to have a break as sarah suggested and concentrate on your life here for a bit. When it gets to the end of May sit down with hubby and formulate a plan of what to do next. If you still feel a bit unsure just go over for a holiday and validate yuour visa, come back and then see how you feel?

The whole process is an extremely stressful time, and you have come out the end emotionally drained....you need a week in a health farm!!!!!!! its not just been the visa application, its been your health, and you cant deal with them both without suffering some degree of burnout.

hope you feel smiley soon!!!!!!!

sue
xx

You should listen this is good advice show it to hubby............... good luck......
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.Neal here again.
Have sat down and read all through the posts on here again and feel quite emotional .
I'm really grateful for all the support and the time you've all taken to give me your advice and encouragement.
Have pm'ed you Jill,Ailsa and Anita-THANKYOU.
Have also taken on board the advice about chocolate and consumed LARGE amounts(for medicinal purposes of course ).
Am going to sit and have a quiet evening and think things through-trust me to pick half-term week to have a crisis:scared: .
Mrs.N

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.