Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm taking th ehouse off the market!!!!!

I'm taking th ehouse off the market!!!!!

Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm taking th ehouse off the market!!!!!

I have given this a lot of thought and have finally decided to take my house off the market and delay my move to Australia.

I have had a lot going on over the past year and have had a lot of extra stress due to trying to sell the house.

We had always planned to go in August 2005 because that would have been the best time as one daughter woul,d be finishing school and the next about to start her GCSE's.

As the time has passed and I still havent got a buyer for the house my daughter has now started her final 2 years in school. Kids now start coursework in their first year which count towards their final mark. My daughter has been working really hard over these past couple of months and really wants to finish school here. It wouldn't be fair for me to allow one child to do this and not another.

My daughter finishing school would also coincide nicely with my son finishing Primary. I have talked to the kids and they both agree that they want to stay on the extra 2 years. So, there we have it. I am here for another 2 years (taking it up to 4years I have been staying for the kids education!!!), all in a good cause I believe.

My only worry now is that once she turns 16 my daughter, like my oldest, will turn round and say she's not coming. Still, that is a chance I have to take.

I'm beginning to feel that I will be old and grey by the time I get to Australia :scared:

Tracey
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm taking th ehouse off the market!!!!!

Tough decision Tracey but well done. You have had a tough year and probably don't need the stress of trying to sell the house. I'm sure the migration business helped in the early days and weeks and kept your mind occupied.

Have you validated already - sorry can't remember. When do you have to be there by, make sure you put the house on the market with loads of time before your final entry.

Try not to worry about the 16year old. What will be will be. Presumably you will be staying on here from time to time?

Take care.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Tough decision Tracey but well done. You have had a tough year and probably don't need the stress of trying to sell the house. I'm sure the migration business helped in the early days and weeks and kept your mind occupied.

Have you validated already - sorry can't remember. When do you have to be there by, make sure you put the house on the market with loads of time before your final entry.

Try not to worry about the 16year old. What will be will be. Presumably you will be staying on here from time to time?

Take care.
Thanks. I have to be in Oz by 2009, which leaves me plenty of time (hopefully ). I have already validated so theres no problem there. I will probably put the house on the market next summer. If it doesnt sell I will have a problem but will have to look into renting it out again.

The only tough thing is that I will now lose my job, but I am sure there will be another one for me somewhere!!!

I actually feel quite relaxed about it all. At least I know where we are at now. We have so much stuff still up in the air, it probably makes more sense to stay for a while longer. I just really want to be there now!
I will just have to keep coming on here to get my dose of Australian life

Tracey
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Chappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to all

Hi Tracey.
Tough decision, but if you feel relaxed, like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders, it must be what you think is the right decision.
Pressure of kids education is very strong, fortunetally I've got a few years yet!
Chin up pet.
Hope you still come to the Sunderland meet?we all need your support!
Col

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Thanks. I have to be in Oz by 2009, which leaves me plenty of time (hopefully ). I have already validated so theres no problem there. I will probably put the house on the market next summer. If it doesnt sell I will have a problem but will have to look into renting it out again.

The only tough thing is that I will now lose my job, but I am sure there will be another one for me somewhere!!!

I actually feel quite relaxed about it all. At least I know where we are at now. We have so much stuff still up in the air, it probably makes more sense to stay for a while longer. I just really want to be there now!
I will just have to keep coming on here to get my dose of Australian life

Tracey
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:56 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,
As others have said, it's a brave decision, but the right one from the sounds of it.
We'll have to see how we go too. Our eldest is in Yr 12 doing her first year of A Levels, our son is in Yr 11 doing GSCE's and the youngest is in Yr 9 doing her SATS. We're just waiting for our meds/pccs requests and still have to put the house on the market for a possible move next August. If the house doesn't sell, then we may have to delay things aswell. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.
Good Luck to you all. These things happen for a reason. You will get there in the end
Julie.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:19 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

I have given this a lot of thought and have finally decided to take my house off the market and delay my move to Australia.

I have had a lot going on over the past year and have had a lot of extra stress due to trying to sell the house.

We had always planned to go in August 2005 because that would have been the best time as one daughter woul,d be finishing school and the next about to start her GCSE's.

As the time has passed and I still havent got a buyer for the house my daughter has now started her final 2 years in school. Kids now start coursework in their first year which count towards their final mark. My daughter has been working really hard over these past couple of months and really wants to finish school here. It wouldn't be fair for me to allow one child to do this and not another.

My daughter finishing school would also coincide nicely with my son finishing Primary. I have talked to the kids and they both agree that they want to stay on the extra 2 years. So, there we have it. I am here for another 2 years (taking it up to 4years I have been staying for the kids education!!!), all in a good cause I believe.

My only worry now is that once she turns 16 my daughter, like my oldest, will turn round and say she's not coming. Still, that is a chance I have to take.

I'm beginning to feel that I will be old and grey by the time I get to Australia :scared:

Tracey
It is for a good cause Tracey ... you are putting your family first. It may seem ages away but the time will fly by.

Here's to your new "stress free" plans
Old Nov 17th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
Tough decision Tracey, I know you've been looking forward to it. We'll probably have to remortgage, validate then move out when house sold. Husband will keep himself motivated at work by doing lots of courses, I'll just plod on at work regardless really. Cameron will be 10 at the end of this year, so he's got a while beore we worry about him becoming too settled. I hate all this insecurity, but it has to be done!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 12:35 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracey
Tracey I am so sorry i missed this I was probably too busy talking shite but I just wanted to say I totally understand your reasoning. I just want you to know i am always here for a natter if you need it

Possoms xx
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:05 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I missed this too Tracey. Actually I think it's probably not a bad thing. It will give you time to come to terms with a few things, get family situations on an even keel and then when you do make the move you won't have to worry about any unfinished business.

I think you are a marvellous lady who has been through so much and I sincerely hope that, in time, you manage to make a happy and successful relocation to the land of your dreams. Best of luck hunny.

Anne xxx
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Very eloquently put.
Have you been drinking again ?

Anyway, I totally agree.
There's one or two posters I'm missing.......and you are one of the number ones Tracey
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:09 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Very eloquently put.
Have you been drinking again ?

Anyway, I totally agree.
There's one or two posters I'm missing.......and you are one of the number ones Tracey
And a few we can live without

Not you Tracey, hope that things are going well and you get to Australia at some stage?!

MMum (We met at the Expats Meet in Hartlepool)
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bless you all .

This is a bit of an old thread but my plans are still the same and I am happy with my decisions. The kids are all a lot more settled too.

Anyway, it gives me chance to meet a few more of you at the meets if I ever get to any, lol.

Hi B, (Mmum) I knew who you were , lol. My memories not that bad yet
Will have to meet up again some time. Have missed you at the other meets. Will pm you when I get a minute and perhaps we can meet up for a drink some time. Have to rush off now though because the kids are all waiting for me downstairs to take the dogs to the beach!!! (Redcar beach in the middle of winter :scared: . Just think I could have been walking them on a nice sunny Queensland beach but never mind )

Tracey
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:10 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Bless you all

This is a bit of an old thread but my plans are still the same and I am happy with my decisions. The kids are all a lot more settled too.

Anyway, it gives me chance to meet a few more of you at the meets if I ever get to any, lol.

Hi B, (Mmum) I knew who you were , lol. My memories not that bad yet
Will have to meet up again some time. Have missed you at the other meets. Will pm you when I get a minute and perhaps we can meet up for a drink some time. Have to rush off now though because the kids are all waiting for me downstairs to take the dogs to the beach!!! (Redcar beach in the middle of winter :scared: . Just think I could have been walking them on a nice sunny Queensland beach but never mind )

Tracey
Redcar, must be mad hun - LOL

Yes we will have to catch up.

MMum
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Redcar, must be mad hun - LOL

Yes we will have to catch up.

MMum

It wasnt too cold actually.

Tried to email you through expats but wasnt able to. Would you be able to pm me your email addy because I seem to have lost it. Will try trawling through my old emails see if theres anything there.

Tracey
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:11 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Good luck Tracey for the future.

Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.