Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm sun starved - Europe in September???

I'm sun starved - Europe in September???

Old May 31st 2005, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm sun starved - Europe in September???

Originally Posted by sme
I was going to suggest Cyprus as well

Anyone of the Canary islands and you would be guaranteed good weather.

Have a lovely holiday.
Gillian
Ditto that too!

Been to Cyprus 3 times now, loved each time Weather then will be nice, but not over hot! Cypriots are just lovely, very warm and all that. When your the last table at a restaurant, you go when YOU want to go! .... none of this, " err ...... do you want your coat sir?" ...lol

Food is excellent!

Canaries are good too for weather, but didn't find the ppl as friendly as say Cyprus to be honest on last visit
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand the craving for Sun after Oz, the weather nearly did my head in the first year, you don't appreciate good weather until you haven't got it. Merlot you can always go for short breaks over weekends as well to do something different. It can be quite cheap, I recently went to Prague for a weekend, well it was also work as well but you could have some sun breaks over a long weekend as well over winter. Ring in Sick on Friday, go back to work on Tuesday.......with a sun tan, LOL
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:56 pm
Merlot

[QUOTE=Mercedes Ring in Sick on Friday, go back to work on Tuesday.......with a sun tan, LOL[/QUOTE]

LOL - thanks to all for your inputs, so spoiled for choice.

M

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:45 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

September is already dodgy for a lot of Europe. If you are happy with a reasonable certainty of mostly 22+ C temps and mostly OK weather but a chance of rain, Greece or southern Spain are a good bet. Otherwise look further afield, it won't cost you much more (all in) to go to (say) Thailand, when you take in the cost of everything else after the flight.