British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I'm stupid, please help me. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/im-stupid-please-help-me-106924/)

glenn_somers Mar 11th 2002 10:17 am

I'm stupid, please help me.

Just a few questions relating to 47SK.

How much is it to apply, form 990i states AUS$1125 for apps lodged overseas and AUS$1670 for apps lodged in Oz. I live in U.K but will be posting my application to Adelaide so what fee do I have to pay.

Family members included in this application? Does a defacto spouse count as a family member?

I overstayed on a working holiday visa a few years ago, where do I claim this on the 47SK form, is it the health/character (part g) section or page 10 section 48 which asks "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever had an entry permit or visa cancelled in Australia" Strictly speaking it wasn't cancelled, it merely expired, I applied for a bridging visa before I left the country.

Can anyone give me any pointers in proving defacto relationship, I have been living with my girlfried for nearly five years, we have a lease, but the majority of our bills are in either hers or my name, not both, this is the same with our bank accounts. We do have a savings account but it is in her name, I make monthly payments into that account from mine, would there be any point in providing details of this to immigration?

Lastly there are several pages (Children/Skill matching etc) that do not apply to me or my girlfriend, do I need to send these in blank or can I omit them from my application.

Any help you incredibly brainy people can offer will be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Glenn

Jaj Mar 12th 2002 10:06 pm

Re: I'm stupid, please help me.

>On 11 Mar 2002 07:32:48 -0600, glenn_somers <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just a few questions relating to 47SK.
    >
    >How much is it to apply, form 990i states AUS$1125 for apps lodged overseas and
    >AUS$1670 for apps lodged in Oz. I live in U.K but will be posting my application to
    >Adelaide so what fee do I have to pay.

A$1125. Although lodged and processed in Adelaide it's still considered an 'offshore'
application and attracts the relevant fee.

>
    >Family members included in this application? Does a defacto spouse count as a
    >family member?

You should declare any de-facto relationship. But a de-facto spouse will normally
only be counted as a family member if you have lived together for 12 months.

>
    >I overstayed on a working holiday visa a few years ago, where do I claim this on the
    >47SK form, is it the health/character (part g) section or page 10 section 48 which
    >asks "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever had an entry
    >permit or visa cancelled in Australia" Strictly speaking it wasn't cancelled, it
    >merely expired, I applied for a bridging visa before I left the country.

I would answer 'no' but put the relevant information in the 'other information'
section of the form.

As you left voluntarily and are applying for a permanent visa, you shouldn't face an
exclusion period. The regular agents may be able to give any pointers as to whether
overstaying in this way can cause a character issue.

>
    >Can anyone give me any pointers in proving defacto relationship, I have been living
    >with my girlfried for nearly five years, we have a lease, but the majority of our
    >bills are in either hers or my name, not both, this is the same with our bank
    >accounts. We do have a savings account but it is in her name, I make monthly
    >payments into that account from mine, would there be any point in providing details
    >of this to immigration?

Provide as much information as possible is the general rule. For example, the
Electoral Roll records in the UK should show you both living at the same address.

>
    >Lastly there are several pages (Children/Skill matching etc) that do not apply to me
    >or my girlfriend, do I need to send these in blank or can I omit them from my
    >application.

If you're applying for skilled independent, why not fill out the skill matching
information. You've nothing to lose.

As for the rest, just mark it N/A.

Jeremy