Wikiposts

I'm on strike!

Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm on strike!

I'm on strike tomorrow. Up the workers.

I hope the weather is nice. I might go windsurfing...
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Heard something about that on the radio! Whats the story - is it the whole teachers pay thingy!

Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Bloody hell - back to the 70's.
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Heard something about that on the radio! Whats the story - is it the whole teachers pay thingy!

Diane
No, it's not to do with the teachers dispute. It's against the proposed "reforms" to higher education.
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Kath
Bloody hell - back to the 70's.
No, more like the 80's under Mrs Thatcher.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by renth
No, more like the 80's under Mrs Thatcher.
After working in England for so long (post 80's) I just find it weird having strikes! Will you still get paid Renth, do you have a choice to work or not?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Ah well, have a good day off....
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

After working in England for so long (post 80's) I just find it weird having strikes! Will you still get paid Renth, do you have a choice to work or not?
Don't get paid but do have the choice of striking or not striking, but as I'm in the Union and they have asked us to strike it's a no brainer in my book.

Most of my colleagues are coming in though.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Brings back memories, power to the people and all that. Seems to still work over here, look at the WA police, they got what they wanted.

Those days are long gone in UK, certainly in the south east, companies do whatever they like now.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Weird strikes England

I recall train strikes, fireman strikes and British Airways strikes in the last few years.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

The firemen strikes were on just before we left, they were all outside the station in the freezing cold with their banners & bonfires to keep them warm.

When I was still at work in the Uk we had to roleplay our handling of a disaster situation. Ours was a fire in the plant (corrugated box factory) and yup, the firemen were on strike at the time too so we had to wait for the "Green Godesses" to turn up. We didn't score very well...in fact we would all have been dead!

Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:08 pm
owieb

Originally posted by DianeOZ
The firemen strikes were on just before we left, they were all outside the station in the freezing cold with their banners & bonfires to keep them warm.

When I was still at work in the Uk we had to roleplay our handling of a disaster situation. Ours was a fire in the plant (corrugated box factory) and yup, the firemen were on strike at the time too so we had to wait for the "Green Godesses" to turn up. We didn't score very well...in fact we would all have been dead!

I was in the fire service during the strikes of 1999, though I was in the retained fire service and wasn't on strike as we weren't full-time and were members of a different union. It led to a lot of confrontations with full-time firefighters, equipment being damaged, threats, false alarms etc, not very pleasant at all especially when peoples lives were at risk.

We would have saved your corrugated boxes!

Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
I was in the fire service during the strikes of 1999, though I was in the retained fire service and wasn't on strike as we weren't full-time and were members of a different union. It led to a lot of confrontations with full-time firefighters, equipment being damaged, threats, false alarms etc, not very pleasant at all especially when peoples lives were at risk.

We would have saved your corrugated boxes!

Ooooh the firemen over here strip off & pose for pictures half naked & make a calender that raises money for charity.

Can we put your name down owieb?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:53 pm
owieb

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ooooh the firemen over here strip off & pose for pictures half naked & make a calender that raises money for charity.

Can we put your name down owieb?
Mmmmm, don't think my body would raise too much money now, though it might raise some laughs!

I did post a picture of myself under the ' what do you look like' post some time ago, and all I was wearing was a smile!

I'm still waiting for Playgirl to call..............not sure why they haven't!

Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
Mmmmm, don't think my body would raise too much money now, though it might raise some laughs!

I did post a picture of myself under the ' what do you look like' post some time ago, and all I was wearing was a smile!

I'm still waiting for Playgirl to call..............not sure why they haven't!
Bugger, I dont remember seeing it, I must have missed it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.