Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im still scared to go to Brisbane

Im still scared to go to Brisbane

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Im still scared to go to Brisbane

I hope somebody can cheer me up. I have this new wonderful life awaiting me in Brisbane and all the hope that it brings with it yet I find myself, only a month before I go, having serious doubts about everything. Just watched a new life down under and I can see how wonderfull it is and everything but still cant help myself feeling sad. I dont really have much here and dont even like it. I wish I could explain it myself. Maybe if im like this now it isnt such a good idea to go.
Buglegirl
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Buglegirl,
I'm also heading for Brisbane next month and also have a feeling of impending doom this week. Do you think this could mean its a common emotion at this stage? Or more than that??????????:scared:
Michaela
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i think oyu are suffering a common phenomenon. You are about to abandon your comfort zone and take on somehting totally alien to you. Of course its a big worry.
I can relate to being confused at being frightened of leaving a situation you dont actually like!! Its weird..but even though you hate it, its YOUR comfort zone....try to look at it this way.. Bris cant be any worse can it?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Why don't you try and meet up with others already in Brisbane, I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers from this forum, if you need them, they're such a friendly bunch!

No, I really mean it!!

sandy
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello Buglegirl,
I'm also heading for Brisbane next month and also have a feeling of impending doom this week. Do you think this could mean its a common emotion at this stage? Or more than that??????????:scared:
Michaela

I think that it must be a common emotion then. Emotions a bit like a roller coaster at mo. Only a couple of weeks ago I was really on a high about it. When do you leave?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sandy.l
Why don't you try and meet up with others already in Brisbane, I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers from this forum, if you need them, they're such a friendly bunch!

No, I really mean it!!

sandy
I have sort of planned to in my head but right now its quite difficult to think much futher than the fact that im going
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

21st Feb. I have had mixed emotions for some weeks but this week more lows than highs. I keep trying to think through all the reasons that we're going and they still hold up. I think PP's right, surely its natural to have some reservation about such a big change. When are you going BG?

Michaela
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

21st Feb. I have had mixed emotions for some weeks but this week more lows than highs. I keep trying to think through all the reasons that we're going and they still hold up. I think PP's right, surely its natural to have some reservation about such a big change. When are you going BG?

Michaela
Im going on the 20th Feb from Heathrow. Where abouts are u going in Brisbane. Im going to Ferny Grove
BG
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:32 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by buglegirl
I think that it must be a common emotion then. Emotions a bit like a roller coaster at mo. Only a couple of weeks ago I was really on a high about it. When do you leave?

Look out the window. At the moment where I am it's pissing down with a cold wind blowing. Soon you'll be sunning yourself on a fantastic beach enjoying the outdoors, relaxed culture of Oz. It's an opportunity to do something with your life and such opportunities only come around once in a blue moon. Get out there and grasp the nettle!!!!! Go on!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

You'll beat me by 24 hours! We'll be in Capalaba for the first couple of weeks in short term rental whilst we look for a house to rent longer term but we've got Wellington Point/Cleveland areas in mind. Keep in touch if you need moral support over the next few weeks, I could do with it too!

Michaela
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Look out the window. At the moment where I am it's pissing down with a cold wind blowing. Soon you'll be sunning yourself on a fantastic beach enjoying the outdoors, relaxed culture of Oz. It's an opportunity to do something with your life and such opportunities only come around once in a blue moon. Get out there and grasp the nettle!!!!! Go on!

Ill think of that when im trying to cool down my sun burn
BG
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

You'll beat me by 24 hours! We'll be in Capalaba for the first couple of weeks in short term rental whilst we look for a house to rent longer term but we've got Wellington Point/Cleveland areas in mind. Keep in touch if you need moral support over the next few weeks, I could do with it too!

Michaela

Thanks a lot buddy. Ill send you a PM soon
BG
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Kentish Man

You would laugh, its been pissing down for weeks here and is expected to do so for another week yet Moonson trough some idiot on the weather called it

Look as for doubts, everybody has them, best advice, chuck the life downunder videos in the bin, take a deep breath, clear your mind and go with an open mind and see what opportunites OZ can present to each different individual. Nerves are unavoidable, concentrate on the excitement instead

Oh and bring your brolley
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dotty
You would laugh, its been pissing down for weeks here and is expected to do so for another week yet Moonson trough some idiot on the weather called it

Look as for doubts, everybody has them, best advice, chuck the life downunder videos in the bin, take a deep breath, clear your mind and go with an open mind and see what opportunites OZ can present to each different individual. Nerves are unavoidable, concentrate on the excitement instead

Oh and bring your brolley

Rain. Nobody told me about rain. Thats not suppose to happen in OZ is it. Oh well. Ill feel right at home!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:54 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by buglegirl
Rain. Nobody told me about rain. Thats not suppose to happen in OZ is it. Oh well. Ill feel right at home!!

Oh no not more weather stuff.

As Dotty said its been raining for a while now and I think its forecast to last another week. I don't mind the Oz rain but note that it falls during the SUMMER and when it rains it rains very heavily. You will need a large umbrella

DIVIDED city ... floods cover Mount Isa's streets yesterday as Queensland's Outback was deluged by heavy monsoonal rain. Homes in some parts of Mount Isa were evacuated. Picture: Cameron Laird.
http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.