Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

im sorry im sure you answered a million times

im sorry im sure you answered a million times

Old May 27th 2006, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default im sorry im sure you answered a million times

i have took members advise this week and appointed an agent,my biggest problem is i am a bricklayer and i have no papers,my agent says with my history this is not to be a problem.
when compiling my cv would it be a good idea to enclose pictures of buildings we have built?

my agent told me i have to send to oz to have my skills assessed,is this the hardest part of the whole procedure?

whats after that?

are you more or less in once you have had you skills looked at?

what else could you fail on.

what over papers do you need?

thank you all for your time

brum
Old May 27th 2006, 5:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im sorry im sure you answered a million times

Originally Posted by brummy
i have took members advise this week and appointed an agent,my biggest problem is i am a bricklayer and i have no papers,my agent says with my history this is not to be a problem.
when compiling my cv would it be a good idea to enclose pictures of buildings we have built?

my agent told me i have to send to oz to have my skills assessed,is this the hardest part of the whole procedure?

whats after that?

brum

all the info you need is here mate

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...Assessment.htm
Old May 27th 2006, 5:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

one million and one now
Old May 27th 2006, 6:04 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

whats after that?

brum
brummy it says somewhere you dont have to be qualified in your trade as long as you can prove you have been doing it for a certain period of time. The link happy boy steve sent will explain this. Think it is 6 years but i forget.

best of luck.

p.s did your agent not explain ths before he took your cash???
Old May 27th 2006, 6:12 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by tucs
brummy it says somewhere you dont have to be qualified in your trade as long as you can prove you have been doing it for a certain period of time. The link happy boy steve sent will explain this. Think it is 6 years but i forget.

best of luck.

p.s did your agent not explain ths before he took your cash???

happy boy ?

you watching me drink this wine or what
Old May 27th 2006, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

sorry chaps to be a pain could someone tell me where i can check my points total.

thanks Marcus
Old May 27th 2006, 7:10 pm
Worongary

sorry chaps to be a pain could someone tell me where i can check my points total.

thanks Marcus

as and you shall receive my son

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Old May 27th 2006, 7:12 pm
Worongary

thanks Marcus
or

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...pointstest.htm
Old May 27th 2006, 7:15 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Do you get paid for these services???
Old May 27th 2006, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

if i ever do get to perth i shall take you all out on the beer,drink as much as you want.

with thanks

Truly grateful

brum
Old May 27th 2006, 7:25 pm
Worongary

if i ever do get to perth i shall take you all out on the beer,drink as much as you want.

with thanks

Truly grateful

brum
that will be one hell of a day out mate as i`m heading for brissie
Old May 27th 2006, 7:26 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by tucs
Do you get paid for these services???

?

nope just been helpful

I hope

bye for no soccer aids back on
Old May 27th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Hi

My husband has passed his TRA as a glazier and had no papers / certificates, just lots of experience. If i remember correctly, he needed approx 10 years experience - the first four years effectively reflect the equivalent of the aussie apprenticeship and then he needed another six years on top. the references he obtained from his employers showed a variety of work including training of other junior employees. he needed to word his refs and statements as though he received structured training on the job. He sent photographs of different types of jobs to show the variety of work he could perform.

all other documents are birth and marriage certs etc. quite straight forward but TRA are fussy about detail so it has to be just so. If your agent is any good he will iron out all the difficult bits before the appl is submitted to ensure success first time. we used an agent and were glad we did as although the application does seem straight forward there were several amendments we made at the request of the agent which on our own we would not have done and may well have failed.

so far as the rest of it is concerned, i think the main visa appl is alot more straight forward provided you have no medical issues or serious previous convictions.
Old May 27th 2006, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

alan.k is an unknown quantity at this point

whats after that?

brum
hi brum ,ive just got my visa and i had no papers for plastering youve just got to spread your training over six years.but dont worry it gets you down at times but well worth it so stick to it and good look.if i can help in any way just ask.alan
Old May 27th 2006, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Luckily we had 20 years worth of remittance advices in our loft which proved that he had been working continually since we said. The main thing is trying to evidence almost a time diary of what you are saying. We bought a bricklaying book and detailed his training from that. You literally have to spoon feed them though. I learnt to mix compo, I learned how to use a trowel, I learned how to point etc......You can't simply say - after that job, I did this job, you have to specify dates. And it also helps to list all the tools that he has knowledge about or uses on a regular basis. My hubby is a bricklayer and our stat dec was about 6 pages of A4 typed at least. Good luck and take your time with it. Try to make sure that you have some sort of paperwork from a third party or a reference to back up every detail that you are saying.