Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:25 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice
Smile I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just booked flights for a holiday to Queensland in August. I was hoping to return permanently this year but the house is'nt selling, so have decided to wait until next year after my daughter finishes her GCSE's. At first I thought I couldn't justify the expense so close to a permanent return next year but feel it will be well worth it just to familiarise the kids with Oz again.

When we left Brisbane five years ago the kids didn't want to return to the UK but more recently have been saying that they now don't want to go back.

Since booking the flights in August they have become really excited and started reminiscing about places and things they did when we lived there. I am letting them have a say in the things we do during the trip, which is likely to involve short stays at the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, North Brisbane and Cairns.

Any families with teenagers that fancy getting together when we are over in August please let me know. My children are 15 and 19.

The nineteen year old is working and has a girlfriend and may not return with us next year, but you never know!!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:36 pm
Just wanna be there

paul and Lynz will become famous soon enoughpaul and Lynz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely time and visit the places you used to go too
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:28 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul and Lynz
Hope you all have a lovely time and visit the places you used to go too
Thanks for that, I'm sure we will. Hope the weather will be okay. I seem to remember that the days can be quite nice in August but the nights cold!!
BS
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

<<Admin Edit - Post removed. Please read our site rules. We do not allow posts to be made in the forum for the sole reason of advertising. Instead please use the other facilities on offer including the connections forum, the links and classifieds section.>>

Last edited by Sue; Apr 7th 2007 at 2:50 pm. Reason: Advertising post removed
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:20 am
Professional Dreamer!

Have sent you a pm
Cheers
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a holiday back there is what your kids need to remind them of how nice it is

We came back 2 years ago but are heading back so I know what a struggle it is with kids etc. Our daugther is 20 and said she will come out for a while and I hope for good. She has a boyfriend too so who will be coming out with her but if he doesn't like it then .....

Anyway, good for you

Mandy
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:44 am
Professional Dreamer!

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Maybe a holiday back there is what your kids need to remind them of how nice it is

We came back 2 years ago but are heading back so I know what a struggle it is with kids etc. Our daugther is 20 and said she will come out for a while and I hope for good. She has a boyfriend too so who will be coming out with her but if he doesn't like it then .....

Anyway, good for you

Mandy

It's great to see their enthusiasm for the trip. Good luck with your move back, where are you heading?
BS
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:06 am
Professional Dreamer!

Got back from our trip on Wed am. It went really well apart from the weather! I've seen enough rain this year to last a life time! I'm aware the rain was well needed in Queensland but it could have waited a couple of weeks!

We were staying near the river in Noosa when it flooded, glad I took my waterproof jacket but forgot my wellies! Had to cancel our trip to Fraser Island, which was a shame.

Cairns was fab and exceeded our expectations. Stayed at Palm Cover for a week and did a lot of the usual tourist trips; barrier reef, Kuanda, skyrail etc. Cairns itself has a good range of restaurants and shops. We found the people to be so helpful and friendly. We came into contact with a few expats at various places who all said they would never return to UK and were very happy there.

Our final days were at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. The kids enjoyed the theme parks.

The traffic generally around Brisbane and the Gold Coast seems to have got worse. We heard from friends and read in the papers that the infra structure needs to catch up with the booming population explosion!

Overall the trip was a great success and it is looking like our son (20) is really up for returning next year.

Flew with Singapore Airlines and have to say that for the fist time we found their service to be poor, particulalry the food and all our flights were really turbulant! Wouldn't it be great if instead of developing planes with greater capacity they developed ones that were faster? Being cooped up in economy for 21 hrs is a nightmare!

Not sure if we will return to Brisbane as we are now considering Cairns. Before we can make any definite plans need to sell the house!

Have to say that Yatala Pies remain our favourites and were happy to find that they can still be found just off the pacific highway heading to Brisbane from the Gold Coast.

BS
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Just booked flights for a holiday to Queensland in August. I was hoping to return permanently this year but the house is'nt selling, so have decided to wait until next year after my daughter finishes her GCSE's. At first I thought I couldn't justify the expense so close to a permanent return next year but feel it will be well worth it just to familiarise the kids with Oz again.

When we left Brisbane five years ago the kids didn't want to return to the UK but more recently have been saying that they now don't want to go back.

Since booking the flights in August they have become really excited and started reminiscing about places and things they did when we lived there. I am letting them have a say in the things we do during the trip, which is likely to involve short stays at the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, North Brisbane and Cairns.

Any families with teenagers that fancy getting together when we are over in August please let me know. My children are 15 and 19.

The nineteen year old is working and has a girlfriend and may not return with us next year, but you never know!!!
It's good that you are letting your daughter finish her GCSE's. We took our daughter out of school around that time and realise it was a dreadful mistake.

Have a great time when you do get there, all the best
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Sky

OOOh! not sure what to write except HAVE FUN! Felt I had to reply to you as your excitement is very congatious! LOL!

*gets all excited about own visa once again*
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:51 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed your trip and had a fantastic time in Cairns.

There seems to be a few of us on here making the decision to go to Cairns that is where we are heading, cant wait. Unfortunately still at the meds stage so who knows may see you there.

I have a 18 year old who says he is not coming but I am working on him

Kaye
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:17 am
Professional Dreamer!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's good that you are letting your daughter finish her GCSE's. We took our daughter out of school around that time and realise it was a dreadful mistake.

Have a great time when you do get there, all the best
Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

And I just cant hide it,
I'm about to loose control and I just can't hide ...Oh yeah

Come on everyone join in......
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:20 am
Professional Dreamer!

Originally Posted by emelems
OOOh! not sure what to write except HAVE FUN! Felt I had to reply to you as your excitement is very congatious! LOL!

*gets all excited about own visa once again*
Might see you in Cairns one day?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:22 am
Professional Dreamer!

Originally Posted by wardy2
Glad you enjoyed your trip and had a fantastic time in Cairns.

There seems to be a few of us on here making the decision to go to Cairns that is where we are heading, cant wait. Unfortunately still at the meds stage so who knows may see you there.

I have a 18 year old who says he is not coming but I am working on him

Kaye
Good luck with the meds and your 18 year old.
BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.