Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm so proud !!!!!

I'm so proud !!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm so proud !!!!!

My eldest daughter arranged a concert and cake bake today in aid of the homeless in Bristol. She's only nine but organised two dances and three music performances amongst her friends and got all the mums to bake etc.

In all they raised £75 and I am so proud of her.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so proud !!!!!

Originally Posted by ohippy
My eldest daughter arranged a concert and cake bake today in aid of the homeless in Bristol. She's only nine but organised two dances and three music performances amongst her friends and got all the mums to bake etc.

thats really nice, and im glad it went to the homeless , its a shame more isnt done for them, well done to your daughter, she has a great future. Denise
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
thats really nice, and im glad it went to the homeless , its a shame more isnt done for them, well done to your daughter, she has a great future. Denise
Thanks Denise. The charity that she raised money for do a lot of good work. The homeless are no longer allowed to beg so the charity have set up a cafe and go round handing out free meal vouchers to the needy and also provide training courses to allow them to learn how to intergrate back into society and get jobs. I feel so humble and grateful.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

What a thoughtful person - a real credit to you. Did her sister help her as well?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Denise. The charity that she raised money for do a lot of good work. The homeless are no longer allowed to beg so the charity have set up a cafe and go round handing out free meal vouchers to the needy and also provide training courses to allow them to learn how to intergrate back into society and get jobs. I feel so humble and grateful.
My oldest son who is 25 worked with the homeless in London up to a couple of weeks ago,[st mungoes] he was there for about 4 years.
He now works in Manchester as a victim support officer, i am so proud of him.
and you are right to be proud, we have to let our kids see how the less fortunate have to live. Denise
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you have the next Bob Geldof there.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes - her sister helped by making the posters and performed in one of the dances and also thanked everyone at the end.

I don't know about Bob Geldolf - she's still very much self centered most of the time but then she is only 9 !!

They do need to see how others live to bring them down to earth sometimes - they think that food on the table, holidays abroad and hundreds of presents at Christmas is the norm for all. Would love to take them to Romania, South Africa or somewhere like that so they can see how it is for a lot of children but I'm not sure I could face it myself - would probably end up trying to bring all the kids home and my hubby would leave !!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Good for her! AND for you, her parents, bringing up their child with values, compassion and decency. If only more parents could be like that, we wouldn't have as many problems on the streets as we have now.