I'm so excited

Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default I'm so excited

Having just been invited to the 5th !!! BBQ this weekend.

What the hell is it with this country, I honestly must have been to over a 1000 BBQs in my time here. Is there a way to entertain here that does not involve sausage

And just to cap it off, my brother wants to hold a little do for us when we arrive back, as weve been in OZ so long he thinks we might like a BBQ:scared:
Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:24 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm so excited

Originally posted by dotty

What the hell is it with this country, I honestly must have been to over a 1000 BBQs in my time here. Is there a way to entertain here that does not involve sausage

And just to cap it off, my brother wants to hold a little do for us when we arrive back, as weve been in OZ so long he thinks we might like a BBQ:scared:
And with those snags at 2c a tonne you must be looking forwards to the hot dogs.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:29 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty

Suggest you ritually BBQ your BBQ on departure, snags and all! I've only got one BBQ invite for this weekend but I think I managed to get out of it...
Old Feb 27th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Oh the shame, I've ORGANISED a family BBQ up at Yanchep on Sunday....well, it was either that or having them all pile into our humble abode. Think I made the wisest move.

On the sausage front.....yup I am sausaged out so I'll be chosing something else to stick on the burner.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

My BBQ is covered in snow...

So you're not up for the Hyde Park BBQ reunion either then Dotty?? We'll have to have Tupperware party instead

p.s. marinade of OJ, ground cinnamon and a teaspoon or 2 of brown sugar, soak some lamb steaks in it for a couple of hours and BBQ....yum, beats 20% meat snags!
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
And with those snags at 2c a tonne you must be looking forwards to the hot dogs.
Your signature was in our garden today! Busy chap.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Your signature was in our garden today! Busy chap.
The aborigines eat them. Bung em on a fire and 20 minutes later you have cooked meat.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:30 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

It is the lot of little bros to hold their sausages at a sizzle
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

You have my sympathy. The endless round of BBQs really did my head in as well. Never mind, you're returning to civilisation soon.

We've got friends coming round for a roast this Sunday lunch (after a long session in our lovely local, no doubt!), next Sat. evening is an indian meal at some other friends, and the following Saturday has been earmarked for a night out at a great restaurant with another set of friends.

Not trying to rub it in, just letting you know that all will be normal again soon!!!
Old Feb 28th 2004, 4:28 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a way to entertain here that does not involve sausage
Yep, its called BBQ

Check out this thread for some non-sausage related BBQ ideas
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=213574

Personally I love BBQ - so much more sociable than the "normal" dinner party enterainment where you get to spend min 2 hours in the kitchen preparing,cooking and serving, hardly get to see your guests until you finally sit down at the table, by which time I'm normally too frazzled to appreciated their company for the first 30 mins or so, and I havent a clue what the conversation is on about cos I've been in the kitchen while they've been swigging the wine in the lounge or somewhere.

Give me a BBQ anyday. Everybody mucks in (normally most people bring a plate of food to help out), the men get to do their "Me man fire" routine and are happy as pigs in muck for days because of it and we all have a much better time that at a stuffy dinner party.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future