British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I'm off to Brizy on monday (craping myself) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/im-off-brizy-monday-craping-myself-465702/)

Lee&Jade Jul 12th 2007 7:24 pm

I'm off to Brizy on monday (craping myself)

Hi All,
I’m flying out to Brisbane on Monday the 16th with Quanta’s, the nerves have really started to kick in now (I hate flying). I Start my new job on the 23rd and have just four days to :-
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
I have to leave my partner in England to finish selling the house, and I’m going to miss her like mad so it is going to be very hard for a while (just hope its all worth it). We didn’t plan it to be like this it just turned out like it.
Hope it gets better
Lee

emmyjc1 Jul 12th 2007 7:28 pm

Re: I'm off to Brizy on monday (craping myself)

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade (Post 5046582)
Hi All,
I’m flying out to Brisbane on Monday the 16th with Quanta’s, the nerves have really started to kick in now (I hate flying). I Start my new job on the 23rd and have just four days to :-
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
I have to leave my partner in England to finish selling the house, and I’m going to miss her like mad so it is going to be very hard for a while (just hope its all worth it). We didn’t plan it to be like this it just turned out like it.
Hope it gets better
Lee

good luck! Have u sold your place yet - im having trouble selling mine and oh says that he will wait and sort it out so i can go on my own.

stuckinblighty Jul 12th 2007 7:32 pm

yeah but its bloody good fun aint it ;)

have a goodun'

All the best

Lee

mark 'n' joe Jul 12th 2007 8:04 pm

All the best with your new life. Have a safe journey.

Joex

matt-and-jenny Jul 12th 2007 9:39 pm

Hi All,
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
Hope it gets better
Lee

Hi Lee, welcome to Brissy in advance.:) Whereabout are you heading?
Bank Account - my research is a year old, but I found either St George or Suncorp be best for Queensland. St George because they let you use the 4 major bank cash machines for free.
Tax File Number: I think you can do that online?
Must be hard having to leave your partner back home, but at least you can show her round when she finally gets here.
Good luck with it all, and bring some socks, it's still cold at night!
Jen

MOONLIGHT Jul 12th 2007 9:43 pm

:)Good Luck. :)

Sue from Manchester Jul 12th 2007 9:47 pm

Hi All,
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
Hope it gets better
Lee

Good luck with it all. Doctors and dentists you just go to when you need to here. You don't need to register with a particular one so don't rush into that. I came out on my own too with kids arriving 2 months after and OH 9 months after and if I can do it anyone can! Just ask people for help. You will find your work colleagues will be great it you ask their opinion of a good restaurant, good shopping facilities etc. etc. The majority of people in Brisbane have come from somewhere else - mostly NSW and Victoria - so they will understand. Just allow yourself to be helped. You'll be fine.

daunted Jul 12th 2007 9:59 pm

Hi All,
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
Hope it gets better
Lee

Ok .........deep breaths!!!!!!!!
in through the nose........................
.............out through the mouth.

or is it the other way round?? :rofl:

Lee&Jade Jul 12th 2007 10:28 pm

Hi, Im staying in Inala for a bit and working in Ormeau. Dont know where I'll put down roots But I guess it'll be somewhere between brissy and the gold coast
Lee

mand8002 Jul 12th 2007 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade (Post 5047301)
Hi, Im staying in Inala for a bit and working in Ormeau. Dont know where I'll put down roots But I guess it'll be somewhere between brissy and the gold coast
Lee

I understand that Inala isn't a place that is desirable. I haven't been myself so it is only what I have picked up from others (mainly Australians). But you will have time to scout round and find an area you like before your oh joins you.

birdynumnum Jul 13th 2007 4:32 am

Hi All,
Get a bank account,
Meet my new boss,
Get a tax file number,
Buy a car,
Get a Sat Nav ,
Doctors,
Dentist,
Etc, Etc, Etc.
Hope it gets better
Lee

Good luck.
Not coming together is a pain but dont fret over the rest, easy sorting all the tfn, medicare lark.
Good luck with the jet lag too
:)