I'm new too

Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

angiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Post I'm new too

Hi ya

We have sold our house and looking to move to Upper Coomera, Gold Coast in Jan/Feb. We have our visas, now sorting removals and pet removals for our dog. Any advice or knowledge would be gratefully received. Oh and 2 children!! Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2006, 12:17 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm new too

Originally Posted by angiew
Hi ya

We have sold our house and looking to move to Upper Coomera, Gold Coast in Jan/Feb. We have our visas, now sorting removals and pet removals for our dog. Any advice or knowledge would be gratefully received. Oh and 2 children!! Thanks

Hello and welcome to the mad house!

We moved from Scotland and used Pet Travel Services who were excellant. We got quotes from Crown and Allied and went with Crown (work was paying). Flew with Emirates and are now settling into life in Brisbane.

Any questions feel free to PM.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

michelle005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya

Hi we live in coomera and it is a lovely place to live, close enough to everything. There are a lot of new estates being built so you won't be short of choice! There are private and state schools in the area (our 2 daughters go to the anglican college and love it, said it is the best school they have been to!). It is easy to find rental property in this area if you are going to rent first average of $300 pw, average cost of buying in the area is $300000. Hope this helps a bit, feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I'm ot saying I will know the answers but I will try!.
Good luck with your move
michelle
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle005
Hi we live in coomera and it is a lovely place to live, close enough to everything. There are a lot of new estates being built so you won't be short of choice! There are private and state schools in the area (our 2 daughters go to the anglican college and love it, said it is the best school they have been to!). It is easy to find rental property in this area if you are going to rent first average of $300 pw, average cost of buying in the area is $300000. Hope this helps a bit, feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I'm ot saying I will know the answers but I will try!.
Good luck with your move
michelle
Hi Michelle,

We recently came back from our reccie and went all around the area by you. Have seen on the net a new land estate called 'the landings', we didn't see this one when we were there, do you know what it's like?

Niki
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michelle005
Good luck with your move
michelle
Hi Michelle
Thanks for your info. We are going to be renting when we arrive. We are buying a plot of land at the moment. I am still looking at schools on the internet, but they all look ok.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya

Hi Angie,

Congrats on the visas and welcome to BE! I've got loads of info on shipping and shipping pets (only done the first myself, but I have done lots of research into the second...) so I'll try to help out with any specific questions you have.

Good luck!
Suzi
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:24 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya

Hi there
I have sent you a PM - let me know if I can be of any help.
Claire
x
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi there
I have sent you a PM - let me know if I can be of any help.
Claire
x
Thanks for the PM.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 4:58 am
Just Joined

michelle005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Curly,
Re: the Landings estate - it is directly across the road from Dreamworld. The land is only now being cleared, no-one has started building anything yet, although there is a sign up which says that the estate will have natural gas.
It is right next to the highway which may or may not be a problem for you. You can certainly hear the highway from this estate.
On the plus side it is very convenient for the highway :-)
Personally the noise would bother me . . .

cheers

Michelle