Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm losing sleep over the medical now !

I'm losing sleep over the medical now !

Old Jul 16th 2003, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Jackee is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face I'm losing sleep over the medical now !

I'm sorry, I know that this medical paranoia may be tired ground to many of you now but I would appreciate some honest, up to date advice (especially since 'the recent announcement' regarding immigration makes me feel like NZ are looking for ANY reason to turn you down these days) anyway I am sat here with my forms in front of me ,ready to complete in readiness for my medical examination next Thursday, and the question about previous medical history...I have a really minor, but nevertheless there, kidney complaint - I'm routinely seen once a year maybe twice. I haven't been ill with the problem since 1986 - are NZIS likely to follow this up ? ( my doctor told me Australian immigration would probably ask for a kidney biopsy !! AHH ! ) will it delay things ?? (my husband's job in Ashburton starts in October) worse possible scenario - could they turn us down ??

Anything anyone has time to offer would be much appreciated
Thanx x
Old Jul 16th 2003, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm losing sleep over the medical now !

Originally posted by Jackee
I'm sorry, I know that this medical paranoia may be tired ground to many of you now but I would appreciate some honest, up to date advice (especially since 'the recent announcement' regarding immigration makes me feel like NZ are looking for ANY reason to turn you down these days) anyway I am sat here with my forms in front of me ,ready to complete in readiness for my medical examination next Thursday, and the question about previous medical history...I have a really minor, but nevertheless there, kidney complaint - I'm routinely seen once a year maybe twice. I haven't been ill with the problem since 1986 - are NZIS likely to follow this up ? ( my doctor told me Australian immigration would probably ask for a kidney biopsy !! AHH ! ) will it delay things ?? (my husband's job in Ashburton starts in October) worse possible scenario - could they turn us down ??

Anything anyone has time to offer would be much appreciated
Thanx x
Hi Jackee

Im know exactly how you are feeling I got myself completely stressed out prior to my medical convinced myself that a combination of my weight ans Asthma ment I would fail. But rest assured the medical was fine a really nice Dr. who chatted about New Zealand. From what I hear they are really only worried about really serious illness that might present a burden to New Zealand. please try not to worry (I know easier said than done!) One other thing I think you fill the form in with the Dr not in advance that what we did any way.

Tori
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Jackee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

Tori - thanks very much for the reassurance - and the advice about not filling it in in advance - I must read it again ! - you see 'stressed' ! I found out today that I'd lost half a stone - at this rate I'll fade away before we get there. Anyway fingers crossed - who knows might see you in Nelson.
Jackee