I'm Home!!!!!

Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm Home!!!!!

Well.....we made it!! I have been home now for exactly 17 hours and 6 minutes!!

We had an awesome trip from Orlando to Melbourne. From Orlando to LA, flew 1st Class!!!

From LA to Sydney then on to Melbourne, it was Business class and I have to say, (no i-told-you-so's anypan)....Its gonna be bloody rough the next time we have to travel and can only afford cattle class!!!

We both slept really well on the LA - Sydney leg. Boy, getting the sleep on that leg makes a huge difference to how you arrive in Oz.

We lasted being up all day until about 9.30pm this evening before we both zonked out....but now its 2.50am and I am awake again

Overall though...I feel fantastic being home....Paul says he is feeling "calm" about the whole thing so, hopefully that is a good sign....time will tell I guess...

Will post more of our experiences with getting Paul set up over here as they happen....

Hels
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:53 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm Home!!!!!

Welcome home Helen. Welcome to the living dead at 3am.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:16 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
Well.....we made it!! I have been home now for exactly 17 hours and 6 minutes!!

We had an awesome trip from Orlando to Melbourne. From Orlando to LA, flew 1st Class!!!

From LA to Sydney then on to Melbourne, it was Business class and I have to say, (no i-told-you-so's anypan)....Its gonna be bloody rough the next time we have to travel and can only afford cattle class!!!

We both slept really well on the LA - Sydney leg. Boy, getting the sleep on that leg makes a huge difference to how you arrive in Oz.

We lasted being up all day until about 9.30pm this evening before we both zonked out....but now its 2.50am and I am awake again

Overall though...I feel fantastic being home....Paul says he is feeling "calm" about the whole thing so, hopefully that is a good sign....time will tell I guess...

Will post more of our experiences with getting Paul set up over here as they happen....

Hels

Hels!

Great to hear from you again!!! I know what you mean about club, we flew BA club world to San Fran both ways last year, but last week had to fly economy with Cathay to Adelaide.......makes a HUGE difference to how you feel when you arrive! Keep us posted as Im looking forward to hearing how you settle in, but for now....go back to bed!

Lucy
x
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Its gonna be bloody rough the next time we have to travel and can only afford cattle class!!!
Welcome home Hels. Sounds like you really have been spoiled
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:27 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: I'm Home!!!!!

Jeez, it must be great to say "I'm home"! I envy you!! Bet you're glad to be back.

Oh well, only about three and a half weeks for me now! Lookout Brisbane, here I come!!! :scared:

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Britains gain is Bendigos loss.

Oh, that doesn't sound quite right does it ?

Well you know what I mean
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Greetings flower,

Glad you had a comfy flight and hope Paul settles in quickly.

Paul.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:11 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a great trip but first class you must be rich.when we go to oz
we are sticking the 7 and 8 year olds in cargo and the 2 year old in
hand luggage.we keep telling them it will be an adventure but there
not having it
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hels

Sounds like you had a great time on the flight...let you know how it is in cattle class (moooooo ).

Hope you get over the jetlag soon and start enjoying your new home

Keep us informed
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Hels,

Glad you both eventually made it safe and sound. All the best for your new /old life back down under!

Dave, Helen & Nathan
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
sounds like a great trip but first class you must be rich.when we go to oz
we are sticking the 7 and 8 year olds in cargo and the 2 year old in
hand luggage.we keep telling them it will be an adventure but there
not having it
Have a read of these, suddenly first class becomes "painfully" clear.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251937
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256649
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257978

Glad you got there in one piece guys. Look forward to hearing Paul's take on things.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 7th 2004 at 10:09 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

glad to hear your both there safe and well. dont forget to arrange a meet up as we will be there in 14 DAYS and 11 HOURS.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hels

Welcome back to Melbourne.

Hope to catch up when you're down this way soon.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you had a good flight- were you upgraded all that way?
Glad you are enjoying being home. Keep in touch.
Hx
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that the way you managed to get business class is certainly original!

Glad to hear you're safe and in one piece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.