Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm gonna be Mrs Logan!!

I'm gonna be Mrs Logan!!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default I'm gonna be Mrs Logan!!

Well Mrs Moreton actually!! With virtually all my friends and family back in the UK, I had to share our news! Yesterday was my 30th but I realised it really doesn't mean anything. The run up to it was worse than turning it!! I still maintain it's cos Mr Logan is only 27!

Anyway last night we went to the lovely Morgans restaurant in Scarborough, and Andy asked me to marry him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I knew it was coming one day in the not too distant future, I still cried (couldn't stop the tears rolling down the face...quite mortified actually!!)

The waiter tried to take a dessert order but I think when he saw my mascara dripping down my cheek he probably thought we'd had an arguement. My inane grin eventually gave it away, and we celebrated with a waffle!!!

We've been here a fortnight on Wednesday and have been very busy. I have an Aussie passport but haven't live here for 15 years and it seems everywhere we go (medicare/cenrelink/etc) I have to prove when I entered Oz and that I've severed all ties with the UK. I understand why, but every time we need a "100 points of ID" it's proving difficult.

Anyway, we have a car, not what we wanted but it's a cool little runaround for now. (Hyundai Excel....twin cam don't you know!) Started to get worried re. renting with cats, but finally found LJHooker to be most helpful, and have a 3 bedroom townhouse with built ins, en-suite, and garage in Kallangur for $200/week.

Our stuff arrived on 25th and should get released between 11th and 15th April. Crown so far have been excellent at both ends.

Cats are in quarantine and doing well. Our little girl who's been on a diet most of her life, (bit like me), lost a bit of weight so all's good.

No jobs in our fields yet. (Anyone know who can help an aircraft engineer out or someone who has 7 1/2 years experience in airline ground work out feel free to contact us!!!)

All in all, life's good and can't wait to meet folk on April 2nd.

However
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm gonna be Mrs Logan!!

congratulations to you both
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:56 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no!!!! Don't do it :scared:

Only joking congratulations
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations....and good luck with work
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:56 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by biggy
Congratulations....and good luck with work
Congratulations
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:15 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Best wishes to you both x

Donna.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:56 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there soon to be Mrs Moreton.
Congratulations to you both.
Marie
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Many congratulations,
Sarah
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:06 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH

brilliant news, good luck with the job from another hoping to emigrate aircraft engineer

Halflinggirl2000
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations to you both

All the best

Sue x