Reload this Page >

Im going crazy........please, please help

Im going crazy........please, please help

Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:03 am
Just Joined

aroyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im going crazy........please, please help

Hi there,

Im terribly disappointed and extremely frustrated. We applied Oct 2002 - 136 subclass - skilled independent. Send out all docs attested by the unis and IELTS results in Oct itself. We got 60 points from TRA and were eligible for 30 points for age, scored 7 bands in IELTS andso eligible for 20 points and have 9 years of work experience in the same field, same company ( 10 points). So we are eligible for 120 points.

We heard nothing from ASPC and as it was 50 weeks now , I called them this morning and asked them what was happening... The operator answered us after referring to our file # that they had sent us a letter last week, stating that we are in the pool as we have only scored 105 points.

How could this be......... we applied thru an agent....... i cant believe this is happening to us... im sure they have missed out on some documents.

i request sincerely anyone who can throw light on this and advise us on how to proceed. My gratitude always.

aroyan
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:08 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im going crazy........please, please help

Have you checked the trades/skills list and checked that your profession had not been downgraded?

If you have applied through an agent they should be telling you, otherwise what are you paying them for?

Hope you get it sorted out
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by aroyan
Hi there,

Im terribly disappointed and extremely frustrated. We applied Oct 2002 - 136 subclass - skilled independent. Send out all docs attested by the unis and IELTS results in Oct itself. We got 60 points from TRA and were eligible for 30 points for age, scored 7 bands in IELTS andso eligible for 20 points and have 9 years of work experience in the same field, same company ( 10 points). So we are eligible for 120 points.

We heard nothing from ASPC and as it was 50 weeks now , I called them this morning and asked them what was happening... The operator answered us after referring to our file # that they had sent us a letter last week, stating that we are in the pool as we have only scored 105 points.

How could this be......... we applied thru an agent....... i cant believe this is happening to us... im sure they have missed out on some documents.

i request sincerely anyone who can throw light on this and advise us on how to proceed. My gratitude always.

aroyan
Have you checked the deeming date in your TRA assessment? Can only suggest that you contact your agent immediately and get them to speak to DIMIA.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Nicstids
Have you checked the deeming date in your TRA assessment? Can only suggest that you contact your agent immediately and get them to speak to DIMIA.

Thanks soooooooooooo much for your reply.... The deeming date on the TRA is valid and the trade is on the skills demand list............ He has sent a fax / mail to DIMIA this morning.... In case they have made a decision, is there anything we can do.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:05 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

It could just be a case of them looking at the wrong file I really hope so, by what you have been saying it seems that they have made the mistake and you have got the allocated points and it should all be sorted it out now that you have bought it to their attention. Best Wishes fingers crossed for you.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by leanda
It could just be a case of them looking at the wrong file I really hope so, by what you have been saying it seems that they have made the mistake and you have got the allocated points and it should all be sorted it out now that you have bought it to their attention. Best Wishes fingers crossed for you.

U just pepped me up so much.......... thanks. yeah it ran thru my mind for a minute and I did hope it was the wrong file #........ Just have to wait and see how this could be resolved.... im just hoping they haven't come to a decision........
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:23 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

U just pepped me up so much.......... thanks. yeah it ran thru my mind for a minute and I did hope it was the wrong file #........ Just have to wait and see how this could be resolved.... im just hoping they haven't come to a decision........

Let us know, will be worrying about it now for you!!! They are only human and they can make mistakes, hope your agent is a bit more speedier than mine and gets back to you soon!!!! Take care and think positive!!!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

you can get 5 bonus points from capital investment (we made last minute adjudtment to app and they accepted.. proceeded to medical and police checks.. still waiting final outcome though)

- are both you and partner included in app ? might be worthe checking nothing's been overlooked ...

I have corresponded with DIMA via email.. so long as you quote your ref number (from original app receipt letter) they are very helpful and quick (taking into account time zones)

anyway best of luck and let us know how you fare

Hi there,

aroyan
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks much for your reply.... Will send them an email right now and see where it goes... yeah..... we will have to see how we could get the 115 points for now.. although im dead sure we scored 120 .........

Will keep this updated... All the best to you as well.

aroyan