Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm a complete arse

I'm a complete arse

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm a complete arse

Booked and paid for a golf holiday to Thailand - flights, golf and hotel. Recently realised that my passport only has 3 months left so sent it to British Consulate, who today tell me that it won't be ready in time. I then find out that Thailand would have let me in so call Consulate to see if they can return it. Firstly I can't speak with the passport office as they close at 3pm ( no wonder they have a backlog) and secondly as it's already being processed it can't be returned as it's been cancelled. Deep joy.

So the moral from today's tale of woe is make sure you have 6 months on the passport, make sure you renew in time and make sure you know what the rules are regarding entry conditions.

So instead of sunning myself in Phuket with 5 mates next week I'll be in a caravan at Lakes Entrance with Inlaws and kids.

I'm off to the pub to ger very drunk, and probably pick up a Thai on my way back.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm a complete arse

Bugger

I was going to send you some "Phuk-et" k but alas I have to "spread" first.....

Last edited by bridie; Mar 2nd 2007 at 4:41 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:41 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
Bugger
do u want to give him your sticker or will I give him mine lol
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
do u want to give him your sticker or will I give him mine lol
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:53 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

thats phuk,,ed it!!
looks like a bad back might have to come into play with the old insurance company,,,

hope things turn out for you....

ast
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Take your pick from the following terms of endearment passed to me by folks I was due to travel with - arse, tit, cock, idiot, twat, f+++wit.

There were others but I was out of ear shot with my heid doon the pan.

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:56 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Booked and paid for a golf holiday to Thailand - flights, golf and hotel. Recently realised that my passport only has 3 months left so sent it to British Consulate, who today tell me that it won't be ready in time. I then find out that Thailand would have let me in so call Consulate to see if they can return it. Firstly I can't speak with the passport office as they close at 3pm ( no wonder they have a backlog) and secondly as it's already being processed it can't be returned as it's been cancelled. Deep joy.

So the moral from today's tale of woe is make sure you have 6 months on the passport, make sure you renew in time and make sure you know what the rules are regarding entry conditions.

So instead of sunning myself in Phuket with 5 mates next week I'll be in a caravan at Lakes Entrance with Inlaws and kids.

I'm off to the pub to ger very drunk, and probably pick up a Thai on my way back.

I don't know if it's the same for British passports but when I was in your position I sent proof of travel and my application and recieved my passport the next day. You should call them again.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:21 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Haggis... that sucks.

Still, the Entrance is very nice....
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm. 6 blokes, Phuket, golf, beer, Thai food vs Mother in Law, 2 screaming bairns in caravan.

Thanks though !

Originally Posted by iPom
Oh Haggis... that sucks.

Still, the Entrance is very nice....
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:05 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm. 6 blokes, Phuket, golf, beer, Thai food vs Mother in Law, 2 screaming bairns in caravan.

Thanks though !

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:09 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Take your pick from the following terms of endearment passed to me by folks I was due to travel with - arse, tit, cock, idiot, twat, f+++wit.

There were others but I was out of ear shot with my heid doon the pan.
u forgot DICK darlin lol
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:22 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. 6 blokes, Phuket, golf, beer, Thai food vs Mother in Law, 2 screaming bairns in caravan

6 blokes? oh at least you hear the sories.
Phuket? Avoid in my opinion.
Golf- Bummer. Thats would be cool.
Beer- Say no more!
Thai food (must add) at a fraction of athe cost about a dollar or so a meal. **** i miss LOS.

V The MIL. No contest mate. Hope you can get the chance to go to LOs.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:44 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=bridie;4472172]Bugger

Did you do the Jack Sparrow voice of the above but with Oh Bugger!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=grahampaula;4474916]
Bugger

Did you do the Jack Sparrow voice of the above but with Oh Bugger!