Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Wikiposts

I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Old Apr 14th 2003, 8:35 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jamesy
Tina

That is sooooo quick! Well done to you, is your application being fast tracked?

Jamesy
Hi Tina
Xrays went fine as far as we know.
Hope you got your police checks forms ok.
Debs
Old Apr 14th 2003, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Jamesy
Tina

That is sooooo quick! Well done to you, is your application being fast tracked?

Jamesy
No just lucky I guess!!

Our agents are asking us to send the meds & police checks asap, they say that if we get it to Adelaide by end of May we may get the Visa by the 30th of June.

Apparently that is the end of their Visa quota year so they rush to process a lot at the moment.

Our case officer has asked us to send off the 80 form immediately - but I still need to find out my Mother-in-laws date of birth - even my husband doesn't know it!

We hope to go for meds next Tuesday, if we can get the X-rays done before then. And I handed in the police forms today.

Thanks for all the advice & support.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 2:18 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
No just lucky I guess!!

Our agents are asking us to send the meds & police checks asap, they say that if we get it to Adelaide by end of May we may get the Visa by the 30th of June.

Apparently that is the end of their Visa quota year so they rush to process a lot at the moment.

Our case officer has asked us to send off the 80 form immediately - but I still need to find out my Mother-in-laws date of birth - even my husband doesn't know it!

We hope to go for meds next Tuesday, if we can get the X-rays done before then. And I handed in the police forms today.

Thanks for all the advice & support.
Hi Tina
Looks like you're going to be a bit busy then!!!!
What forms did you give the police?
Speak to you soon
Debs
Old Apr 15th 2003, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi Tina
Looks like you're going to be a bit busy then!!!!
What forms did you give the police?
Speak to you soon
Debs
In the end I popped in to my local station with the passports and proof of address. I had to fill in name address etc and show my ID. He wouldn't do my husbands without seeing him so he had to go in later on. Cost £10 each.
Another thing to tick off the list! Now the waiting starts.

Just been for our X-rays at the Kingston hospital. All went quite smoothly £90 for 3 of us. We now have 3 huge envelopes to put somewhere safe.

We have booked the meds for 11am on Tuesday, we are off to the Harley Street practice, it is about £50 more expensive than the others near us, but it has the shortest wait and most convenient time available.

Another £120 x 2 ( adults)
£100 x1 (12 yr old)
£50 x 2 (<12 )

We will be so skint this month, so Mr Visa will have to take over for a while I think!