Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Wikiposts

I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Hi all,

I have been in Florida for the last two weeks, living it up in 80 odd degree sunshine and 75 at night!
The climate has made me want to get out of here asap.

Waded through the mass of letters on my doorstep to see a huge yellow envelope from our agents, a request for medicals and police checks received on the 1st of April!! We only sent off our application 5 1/2 months ago!!

We are quite shocked to see our case officers name etc and they want all the stuff by the 15th of May- luckily there isn't a wait for medical appointments around here. Unfortunately we have just spend $1000's on our hols and are skint!
On well visa again.

This has cheered us up, they seem to be really speeding things up now, that or they are just desperate for teachers out there!

I will post in more detail soon and fill in timeline etc.

Hurray for Adelaide!!

love to you all

Tinaxx:scared: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:15 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Originally posted by tinaj
Hi all,

I have been in Florida for the last two weeks, living it up in 80 odd degree sunshine and 75 at night!

Waded through the mass of letters on my doorstep to see a huge yellow envelope from our agents, a request for medicals and police checks received on the 1st of April!! We only sent off our application 5 1/2 months ago!!

We are quite shocked to see our case officers name etc and they want all the stuff by the 15th of May- luckily there isn't a wait for medical appointments around here. Unfortunately we have just spend $1000's on our hols and are skint!
On well visa again.

This has cheered us up, they seem to be really speeding things up now, that or they are just desperate for teachers out there!

Hurray for Adelaide!!

love to you all

Hi Tina
Glad you have a great time in florida, one of our haunts too!!!
We also got our police/medical checks requested to be there by 15th May.
Glad you haven't any waiting lists for medical checks in your area, we can't get our medicals done till 28th April!!!
Our Police checks are taking up to 40 days which will take us over 15th May but agent says they will extend if needed. (So not to worry).
Good luck keep us posted.
Debs
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

When did you apply ?
We applied mid October.

Tina
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm back ... and what a surprise on my doorstep!!

Hi all,

On well visa again.

Hurray for Adelaide!!

love to you all

Hi Tina,

Thats good, things are moving for by the sounds of it, well done so far, not long now ...

We have our PR visa's, the so called yellow envelope turned up last week, loverly jubberly and after just 84 days from start to finish (ex skill assessment),

I guess they want Nurses too

Have fun,
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:19 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

When did you apply ?
We applied mid October.

Tina
Hi Tina
We applied end of July.
You must be really pleased this has happened so quick.
We thought ours was going quickly!!!!
Have you been to Adelaide before?
What do you do for jobs?
Sorry questions,questions!!
Debs
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tinaj,

We know exactly how you feel. By spooky coincidence we had our request for meds and police checks 5 1/2 months after we applied in Sept 02. Like you we were shocked and had not been expecting progress so soon.

The effect of the request is quite electrifying:scared: Suddenly it all seems very real and all the things you have yet to do loom large. It is also very exciting as you can dare to believe for the first time that it might just happen after all.

Anyway good luck with the meds and get those Police checks underway ASAP, They take forever

Regards

Sindy
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:23 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi Tinaj,

We know exactly how you feel. By spooky coincidence we had our request for meds and police checks 5 1/2 months after we applied in Sept 02. Like you we were shocked and had not been expecting progress so soon.

The effect of the request is quite electrifying:scared: Suddenly it all seems very real and all the things you have yet to do loom large. It is also very exciting as you can dare to believe for the first time that it might just happen after all.

Anyway good luck with the meds and get those Police checks underway ASAP, They take forever

Regards

Sindy
Hi Sindy
Did you get my PM?
Debs
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi Sindy
Did you get my PM?
Debs

Ooops, sorry Debs, keep forgetting to check my PM's, but I have now and will be sending you a reply asap.

Sindy
Old Apr 13th 2003, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Glad to see you had a great holiday. Fantastic news about the medicals and police checks. Hopefully not too long now for you guys.

Good luck.

Ginny
Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tina
We applied end of July.
You must be really pleased this has happened so quick.
We thought ours was going quickly!!!!
Have you been to Adelaide before?
What do you do for jobs?
Sorry questions,questions!!
Debs
We visited NSW and Queensland last Summer and liked the Sunshine Coast the best. We didn't really consider Adelaide, I don't think we even knew where it was then!!

I am a teacher and my Husband is a Regional manager, he works for a large International company and is going to see if he can get a transfer to Oz with them. If not them we will look for temporary jobs as we want to start up a business together.

IT is all go now and we are pondering when to sell the house, get quotes etc etc.... so much to do!

How about you?

Tina
Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:44 am
will be there soon!!!!!

We visited NSW and Queensland last Summer and liked the Sunshine Coast the best. We didn't really consider Adelaide, I don't think we even knew where it was then!!

I am a teacher and my Husband is a Regional manager, he works for a large International company and is going to see if he can get a transfer to Oz with them. If not them we will look for temporary jobs as we want to start up a business together.

IT is all go now and we are pondering when to sell the house, get quotes etc etc.... so much to do!

How about you?

Tina
Hi Tina
We went to Brisbane Xmas before last and went to Gold and Sunshine Coasts. Fell in love with the Sunshine coast. Mooloolaba, Caloundra or Redcliffe areas were fantastic. Hubbie is a chippy so he has to be in an area to be able to find work.
In two minds now whether to sell or rent the house so today has been one of those really annoying days where you think you've made your mind up what you are doing then think of something completely different. (that's what talking to family does to you)!!!!!
Still we are still so excited got xrays tomorrow.
Kids are so excited about going they think it's just a case of pick up bags, get on a plane and our new life starts!! (if only).
Good luck,
Keep in touch.
Debs
Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Great you will be one of oue expat neighbours then. We are looking at the same areas as you!

Let us know how the x-rays go.

Have you sent off for police clearance yet ? What do you do??
Old Apr 13th 2003, 9:03 am
will be there soon!!!!!

Great you will be one of oue expat neighbours then. We are looking at the same areas as you!

Let us know how the x-rays go.

Have you sent off for police clearance yet ? What do you do??
Hi Tina
You have to get a form A96 from Police station. We printed one off from essex police website, filled it in and took to HQ in Chelmsord Essex. You can sent it in the post but we thought as we only have a limited amount of time and you know what the post is like, we would take it in person. Forms filled out and passports in hand and £10.00 each application) we made an appointment and they gave us a receipt for money handed over and then that night sent us a receipt in the post the next day for the forms. So they have received our requests for police checks on the 8th April.
Hope this helps, I do go on a bit sometimes!!!!!
Debs
Old Apr 13th 2003, 9:08 am
will be there soon!!!!!

Hi Tina
You have to get a form A96 from Police station. We printed one off from essex police website, filled it in and took to HQ in Chelmsord Essex. You can sent it in the post but we thought as we only have a limited amount of time and you know what the post is like, we would take it in person. Forms filled out and passports in hand and £10.00 each application) we made an appointment and they gave us a receipt for money handed over and then that night sent us a receipt in the post the next day for the forms. So they have received our requests for police checks on the 8th April.
Hope this helps, I do go on a bit sometimes!!!!!
Debs
Hi Tina
Sorry I am definitely cracking up today, when you first posted hurray for adelaide I thought that was where you were going, Sorry (der!)
Then when you said you liked the Sunshine Coast I realised that you meant the processing centre.
SORRY,
Must learn to read things properly!!!!
Debs
Old Apr 14th 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina

That is sooooo quick! Well done to you, is your application being fast tracked?

Jamesy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.