Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im 10 a girl and need to know !!!

Im 10 a girl and need to know !!!

Old Nov 7th 2004, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

The Welsh Wizard & co is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Im 10 a girl and need to know !!!

im hoping to move to perth in 2years with my mam but need to know will my cd roms work and my music cds and do BIG groops get to play in perth, i like busted , will it be safe to go out on streets at nite wen im olderand wil my mobile work out there?
Is ther any other kid round my age in perth that left briton and wished theyd brought somthing that they miss now with them????
mams woried bout the drugs/alkohol sceen here and she thinks it wont be so bad in perth................is that right?????????
Are ther nice libarys there, we hope to live in mandura and i have a bike.
chow for now
The RICI dudette
Old Nov 7th 2004, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im 10 a girl and need to know !!!

Originally Posted by The Welsh Wizard & co
im hoping to move to perth in 2years with my mam but need to know will my cd roms work and my music cds and do BIG groops get to play in perth, i like busted , will it be safe to go out on streets at nite wen im olderand wil my mobile work out there?
Is ther any other kid round my age in perth that left briton and wished theyd brought somthing that they miss now with them????
mams woried bout the drugs/alkohol sceen here and she thinks it wont be so bad in perth................is that right?????????
chow for now
The RICI dudette
I was wondering if my CDs will work in Aus too! I read somewhere that they wouldn't work on an Aussie CD player. Could anyone put me right/enlighten me on this?
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

chow for now
The RICI dudette
You just made me feel very old , im 51 and i did,nt understand a word you said......... mm
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Your CDs will be absolutely fine. You do get big groups coming to Perth to play but sometimes they think it's too far away and isn't worth their while travelling so far. The Entertainment Centre in Perth tends to hold concerts. Try having a look for this on www.anzwers.com.au and see if you can find any concerts. I suspect they'll have a website.

Your mum is right in that it is tougher for young people to get their hands on alcohol over here and they are certainly not welcome in Pubs and clubs the way they are here. Drugs, sadly, are everywhere. But then Oz has many things for people to do so the boredom isn't as apparent.

Mandurah is really beautiful and it has fantastic swimming and fishing areas. The sea front has lotrs of cycle paths and playgrounds so I am sure you'll have a wonderful time.

I'm not sure about your mobile phone. I did read that GSM 900 phones don't necessarily work and that GSM 1800 do. But to be honest this doesn't mean a lot to me. You may need to get it unlocked before you go though. You can get pre-paid credit over in Oz too.

The libraries in Perth are lovely and if I remember correctly there is a terrific library on the sea front in Mandurah.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Ush

Last edited by Ushas; Nov 8th 2004 at 6:19 am.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

chow for now
The RICI dudette
CDs work fine, at least mine do; I don't know anything about Busted - I expect theres will work too though. I play UK ones on my husbands CD player, and he can play his Aussie ones on my UK player.
Your mobile phone will probably work, but it might need a new SIM card - what sort of mobile have you got?
Can't help much with info on Perth cos I haven't been there, sorry. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you more later on.

See ya
Polly