British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Iluka satelite (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/iluka-satelite-499739/)

karen555 Dec 14th 2007 8:36 am

Iluka satelite

Does anyone know anything about a covenant in Iluka which restricts putting up satelite dishes or aerials?

We have just arrived and will shortly be renting from a private landlord in Iluka, he is happy for us to get foxtel installed but said we may be asked to remove it by the local council.

We've had a look around and spotted a few dishes and aerials but not that many. Any info to shed some light on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Karen

worzel Dec 15th 2007 12:49 am

Re: Iluka satelite

Not sure about satellite dishes but a friend tells me there is a covenant on some houses in Iluka that you can't have a boat on the drive. Lots do though. Maybe it was only for a certain number of years after the estate was built?

renth Dec 15th 2007 2:51 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 5670314)
Not sure about satellite dishes but a friend tells me there is a covenant on some houses in Iluka that you can't have a boat on the drive. Lots do though. Maybe it was only for a certain number of years after the estate was built?

There are loads of covenants in Iluka, you're not allowed to keep a tradesmans vehicle on your drive overnight, no TV antenna. I think it's good.

Anyway, there is a waiver on Foxtel dishes as it is the only way of getting Foxtel in Iluka because they are ind ispute with the company that runs the cable network here, so the covenant about TV antenna is waived regarding dishes, but they must not be in view from the road.

karen555 Dec 15th 2007 7:57 am

Thanks very much for the replies.

Relief that we can get foxtel. Dont know how I'd get through the summer holidays with my 13 year old daughter without it, especially as she doesnt want to be here and we dont have a pool!!

Cheers
Karen

Vin 'n Bin Dec 15th 2007 8:52 am

Your antenna could be put in the roof, as long as it is facing in the right direction :D
That's where we had ours.

Bobcat Dec 16th 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by karen555 (Post 5667392)
Does anyone know anything about a covenant in Iluka which restricts putting up satelite dishes or aerials?

We have just arrived and will shortly be renting from a private landlord in Iluka, he is happy for us to get foxtel installed but said we may be asked to remove it by the local council.

We've had a look around and spotted a few dishes and aerials but not that many. Any info to shed some light on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Karen

It is a condition of purchase in ILUKA that all owners there be members of the Iluka Home Owners Association.

Said Association lodges a caveat on the certificate of title to the land. Reason for this is so as to provide for and ensure high standards of maintenance and general upkeep of the area.

It's worked wonders for ILUKA residents as their estate has gone up in leaps and bounds throughout the years.

Sattelite dishes dishes are allowed but but they have to blend in and not be visible from the front roadside.

worzel Dec 16th 2007 9:50 am

Sounds like Stepford!:ohmy:

renth Dec 16th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 5673767)
Sounds like Stepford!:ohmy:

There is a clause in the Iluka Residents Association charter specifying "no riff raff".

karen555 Dec 16th 2007 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 5675223)
There is a clause in the Iluka Residents Association charter specifying "no riff raff".

We're doomed then! Do they make home visits to assess your riff raff status!!!:lol:

renth Dec 16th 2007 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by karen555 (Post 5675425)
We're doomed then! Do they make home visits to assess your riff raff status!!!:lol:

Don't worry about it, they let me live there! :D

karen555 Dec 17th 2007 1:10 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 5675437)
Don't worry about it, they let me live there! :D

i'll keep my mad son locked up until they're used to us!! Any other Iluka tips Renth? Still trying to find our way around.

Karen

flowergal Dec 17th 2007 9:07 am

You should have come to Kinross Karen :rofl::thumbsup:

karen555 Dec 17th 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by flowergal (Post 5676419)
You should have come to Kinross Karen :rofl::thumbsup:

you could be right there Mand. Just couldnt find anywhere "green" enough :lol:

See ya
Karen

flowergal Dec 17th 2007 11:17 am

A very Happy Birthday Karen
Your 1st one is Oz
Love Mand and gang !!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxx
40 today !!!

suesk Dec 17th 2007 6:25 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN:cake::cake:

Hope you done something special as its not everyday your 40 hey

Nice to hear youve got there ok and a rental hope everything else is good with you all.:thumbsup:

Suexx