Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Illegal for kids to sleep in parents room? (Queensland)

Wikiposts

Illegal for kids to sleep in parents room? (Queensland)

Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal for kids to sleep in parents room? (Queensland)

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Did you not have a max number written into the contract? I've rented about 5 places in Oz, all of which had a cap on the max number of people allowed to occupy the property.

I must say that I admire your tenants' approach. I hope that they made a profit!
I'm sorry tho that you couldn't get rid of them - that's unfair.

Beach area, loads of people move up here to live without working, so moving in a heap more 'flatmates' to share the rent is very common. Yep its all in writing but it means little in reality, you the owner has to prove they were living there they simply deny it.

Weve recently had tenants who stopped paying rent, (wont say exactly how they got away with it or it might give people ideas) but there is a little loophole on that too, not what I would have thought with the RTA etc.

Just put in a 60 year old couple with 2 cockateils, they sound harmless but I am now slightly wary, will probably find out in a month they are running a prostitution den, and the birds are decoys in an internatinal drug importation ring.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by obiwan
I got an email from a friend who lives in Brisbane and he claims that it is illegal for children to sleep in the same room as their parents???

I understand the rule that 1 family wont be allowed to rent a 1 bedroom unit, but assuming you have 3 small kids and you rent a 3-bedroom house. Is there really such a law? ......

my 2 and 4 year old is not going to like that at all......

thanks for any inputs.
Lawks, this'll hit the campers hard. Is a caravan classed as a room?

Endless questions ... what about a cave?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:42 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
I got an email from a friend who lives in Brisbane and he claims that it is illegal for children to sleep in the same room as their parents???

I understand the rule that 1 family wont be allowed to rent a 1 bedroom unit, but assuming you have 3 small kids and you rent a 3-bedroom house. Is there really such a law? ......

my 2 and 4 year old is not going to like that at all......

thanks for any inputs.
Maybe it should be compulsory for counsellors to have an IQ as a prerequisite before seeking election?

Shall we send all our kids when they are sick or having nightmares to their household??

After just having to buy a bigger Super Super King to accomodate our daughter do we get a refund??