Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ikea delivery charges

ikea delivery charges

Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default ikea delivery charges

Does anyone know if Ikea in Logan charges delivey per km or if they do it in zones as in the UK. Want to find out how much it would cost to deliver 3 double beds from Logan to Robina. Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:31 pm
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all
Default Re: ikea delivery charges

Originally Posted by mooncat
Does anyone know if Ikea in Logan charges delivey per km or if they do it in zones as in the UK. Want to find out how much it would cost to deliver 3 double beds from Logan to Robina. Cheers
Give them a call - Logan, Brisbane +61 (07) 3380 6800. The website doesnt give any details just suggests you call them.

I'll be there on Mon so if you dont get an answer before then i'll check
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:23 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

they don't deliver, they sub contract it out to another company, and from memory, they do it by zone (post code). I've just been picking through my receipts and cannot find the details, best to give them a call and they will hook you up with the company.

But....if you've a tow-bar, it could be cheaper to rent a trailer. I think it was about 50 dollars for CBD to deliver a bed/mattress and the bed slat thingys. You can rent a trailer for that, and get it home the same day.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:06 am
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

I checked it out yesterday and delivery charges are based on distance and size of delivery;

0-20kms - small is $25, medium is $40 and large is $70
20-40kms - small is $50, medium is $65 and large is $95
40+kms it is $1.50 per km across all sizes

where small is under 25kgs.

Hope that helps
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jce
I checked it out yesterday and delivery charges are based on distance and size of delivery;

0-20kms - small is $25, medium is $40 and large is $70
20-40kms - small is $50, medium is $65 and large is $95
40+kms it is $1.50 per km across all sizes

where small is under 25kgs.

Hope that helps
Yes it does thanks. A thought just struck me though....the $1.50...is that per item? Was thinking about a double bed and mattress and two single matresses...maybe five or six or more items. Eek!! Looks like we'll be looking for a car with a tow bar if that't's the case, or even hiring a van eh!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:22 am
jce
Forum Regular

Yes it does thanks. A thought just struck me though....the $1.50...is that per item? Was thinking about a double bed and mattress and two single matresses...maybe five or six or more items. Eek!! Looks like we'll be looking for a car with a tow bar if that't's the case, or even hiring a van eh!!
I sure the $1.50 per km is per delivery rather than per item.

If i was you i'd hire a van for the day which is probably easier and as happens to everyone that goes to Ikea you always come back with far more than you thought you needed

If you are going for beds then I'd go and try them out at the store rather than just get them delivered. The differences are amazing and with a bed its always better to test them before buying (speaks from bitter experience) as you spend a lot of time in them
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jce
I sure the $1.50 per km is per delivery rather than per item.

If i was you i'd hire a van for the day which is probably easier and as happens to everyone that goes to Ikea you always come back with far more than you thought you needed

If you are going for beds then I'd go and try them out at the store rather than just get them delivered. The differences are amazing and with a bed its always better to test them before buying (speaks from bitter experience) as you spend a lot of time in them
Thanks jce,
Hee hee I LOVE Ikea. It's cheap and cheerful and everything in my house is from there. We're coming over with bits of furniture but have decided to replace all our matresses as we've had them for 10+ years and they're not something I'd actually like packers to have to wrap up...eeurgh!! Have been on tinternet and looked at the stuff in the store in Logan and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Doesn't seem to have a massive range of beds, or is that just an online thing?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:38 pm
jce
Forum Regular

Thanks jce,
Hee hee I LOVE Ikea. It's cheap and cheerful and everything in my house is from there. We're coming over with bits of furniture but have decided to replace all our matresses as we've had them for 10+ years and they're not something I'd actually like packers to have to wrap up...eeurgh!! Have been on tinternet and looked at the stuff in the store in Logan and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Doesn't seem to have a massive range of beds, or is that just an online thing?
Seemed to be a whole load of them in the store, but I havent checked beds out per se and we were looking at other furniture.

The Logan store is the largest in Oz. Having said that i think there are only four , and its certainly the newest having just moved up the road to a shiny new store. One thing i did notice was that there is significantly more parking than at the UK stores.

We decided not to bring any furniture - just personal bits and clothing and CDs (had rather a few that i didnt want to leave). Its been great to start completely anew. You dont often get the chance to buy a whole house load of stuff new. As we didnt have any antique furniture the shipping costs just werent worth it. Must say that i think it was the best decision. No worries about breakages etc and the cost of a container when translated into spending money here is more than enough to equip a house to start with.

Also i doubt if the UK furniture would fit (in style) terms in the house here. All a bit small for our new house
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also i doubt if the UK furniture would fit (in style) terms in the house here. All a bit small for our new house [/QUOTE]

Oh I love it!!!!!