Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ignore Pommie Bastard

Ignore Pommie Bastard

Old Sep 10th 2002, 7:02 am
  #1  
akq
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ignore Pommie Bastard

Do not respond to the moron.
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:28 am
  #2  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:
Do not respond to the moron.
Well I might, as he's starting to post quite informative points, not just anecdote and personal experience (which can have ggod value too.) He's not as rude as he used to be either.

Don
Don is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:32 am
  #3  
akq
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:


Well I might, as he's starting to post quite informative points, not just anecdote and personal experience (which can have ggod value too.) He's not as rude as he used to be either.

Don
Fair enough mate. But as long as people respond to any of his posts, he will continue to spout his own personal unhappy viewpoint. I've gained a lot of help and insight from many of the "negative Oz" posters. PB is not one of them. His input is negligible and has turned what was once a helpful informative forum into his own personal whinge-fest against humanity.
Perhaps you could respond to him privately if you want to continue a thread with him. The majority of us on this NG do not want him on here. Simple as that.
Cheers,
Tegan
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:44 am
  #4  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:

Fair enough mate. But as long as people respond to any of his posts, he will continue to spout his own personal unhappy viewpoint. I've gained a lot of help and insight from many of the "negative Oz" posters. PB is not one of them. His input is negligible and has turned what was once a helpful informative forum into his own personal whinge-fest against humanity.
Perhaps you could respond to him privately if you want to continue a thread with him. The majority of us on this NG do not want him on here. Simple as that.
Cheers,
Tegan
You may not be absolutely correct on the last point, Tegan. There was a recent poll (Pommie Bastard: friend or foe?) and a majority of respondents said they were happy to see PB's posts on the forum.

You can easily make him disappear from the forum if you wish - check out the killfile option, though you'll still see oithers' replies to him quoting or responding to him.

Don
Don is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:54 am
  #5  
akq
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:


You may not be absolutely correct on the last point, Tegan. There was a recent poll (Pommie Bastard: friend or foe?) and a majority of respondents said they were happy to see PB's posts on the forum.

You can easily make him disappear from the forum if you wish - check out the killfile option, though you'll still see oithers' replies to him quoting or responding to him.

Don
Thanks Don I have already looked into putting him in a "killfile". I did in fact see the poll. What people said was that they would allow him his freedom of speech, because most of the people on here are level-headed fair-minded people. If you took a poll asking how many would breathe a collective sigh of relief if he just shut up and found another group to annoy, the replies I suspect would be very different. There were very few people who actually took part in the "pommie poll". Most of us couldn't be bothered wasting energy thinking about him.
Cheers, Tegan
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:00 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 298
pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:
Do not respond to the moron.
Dear akq,

So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there. Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it??? Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???

Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way.

Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT...
pommiesheila is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:08 am
  #7  
akq
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Ummmm, Sheila---
In none of my posts have I either stated that I live in London, am originally from London, or that I'm NOT in Australia.
Please do not make assumptions about me without any concrete evidence whatsoever to base it on.
I and numerous others on this forum do not want to ever have to trawl through another one of PB's illegibile "Aussie life sucks" posts.
And for the record, what I, and everyone else here, object to, is not descriptions of negative aspects of life in Australia. It is the manner in which PB has continuously phrased his posts to attempt to belittle and criticise those of us who have chosen to make new lives for ourselves in Australia.

Cheers, Tegan

PS If you want to know my personal circumsyances you only have to ask. Whether I'll answer depends on how you ask.
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:11 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 298
pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:
Ummmm, Sheila---
In none of my posts have I either stated that I live in London, am originally from London, or that I'm NOT in Australia.
Please do not make assumptions about me without any concrete evidence whatsoever to base it on.
I and numerous others on this forum do not want to ever have to trawl through another one of PB's illegibile "Aussie life sucks" posts.
And for the record, what I, and everyone else here, object to, is not descriptions of negative aspects of life in Australia. It is the manner in which PB has continuously phrased his posts to attempt to belittle and criticise those of us who have chosen to make new lives for ourselves in Australia.

Cheers, Tegan

PS If you want to know my personal circumsyances you only have to ask. Whether I'll answer depends on how you ask.
My dearest akq,

Sincerest apologies for my mistake, only under your name it says "From: London" ...

I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your "personal circumstances", do tell...
pommiesheila is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:14 am
  #9  
akq
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Another PS Sheila
There are numerous posts, beautifully written, from the likes of people such as, to name a few:
mike Rogers
Perth Helena
Albaus
Sophia
Colin
adelaidegirl
I will do a search and find some more. they are a few of the many expats who have lived in Australia and love it, despite the negative aspects of it. In fact there are far more posts from people who like it than from those who hate it. And the big difference is that for the people who hate it, all they do is slag it off. The people who love it say why they like it, but then also say, in a well-balanced and calm manner, the aspects that they find undesirable. They all claim that despite these factors they still prefer life in Oz to life in the UK.
Maybe you should do a bit more research on previous posters before you make any more erroneous statements.

Love Tegan
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:59 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4
ec2208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommiesheila:


"Dear akq,
So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there."

Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do?


"Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it???"

Err, let me have a guess, is it because negative people have more time on their hands because they are forever cursing their own misfortune rather than living life.

"Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???"

Those people are too busy with there lives (see above)

"Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way."

Oh well then we should all give up our dreams on the basis that you and the rest of the "grass is always greener" brigade, have failed to change your already negative outlook, despite moving to a new country.

"Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT"

Actually Tegan, myself and anyone else has adequate qualification to knock PB and his supporters simply on the basis that it is obvious that Australia is not for him, personally. If PB lived in my road I would probably find him unbearable so I am not suprised the Australians he encounters all seem to think the same.
ec2208 is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:06 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Mansion in Padbury
Posts: 804
Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Beautifully put for a posting virgin! Keep up the good work!!


"Dear akq,
So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there."

Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do?


"Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it???"

Err, let me have a guess, is it because negative people have more time on their hands because they are forever cursing their own misfortune rather than living life.

"Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???"

Those people are too busy with there lives (see above)

"Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way."

Oh well then we should all give up our dreams on the basis that you and the rest of the "grass is always greener" brigade, have failed to change your already negative outlook, despite moving to a new country.

"Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT"

Actually Tegan, myself and anyone else has adequate qualification to knock PB and his supporters simply on the basis that it is obvious that Australia is not for him, personally. If PB lived in my road I would probably find him unbearable so I am not suprised the Australians he encounters all seem to think the same. [/QUOTE]
Grub is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.