Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you've GOT IT! - Flaunt IT!

If you've GOT IT! - Flaunt IT!

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If you've GOT IT! - Flaunt IT!

Like a lot of you these days, I went to the postal box today hoping for my big yellow envelope. I was a bit down when all I encountered was the usual junk mail, bills, and too many catalogues.

I came back into the house and got online to see what everyone was up to today on BritishExpats. I had my email program running in the background when all of a sudden I had a new message in my inbox. Thinking it was just another piece of junk email, I was I totally shocked when I took a look and saw my DIMIA Reference File Number as the subject ,and my Case Officers name as the sender. She was notifying me that my 137 Visa has been granted, had attached a MS Word copy of my grant letter, and stated that I should receive an official letter in the postal mail soon. This is the first time DIMIA has communicated with me via email so it was definitely a surprise.

I am glad to have found this site (even though I'm from the US), as well as Google misc.immigration.australia+nz; and wish to thank everyone for their advice, tips, and pointers.

The best advice that I can give is to please be patient with DIMIA , relax and get on with your life while you wait to hear from them. This will definitely help to keep your blood pressure down for the medicals - it did for me.

My timeline can be found at:

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=460

Thanks to all.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Congratulations - what a great surprise

Di