Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If your coming to Perth..a few things i bet you dont realise

If your coming to Perth..a few things i bet you dont realise

Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If your coming to Perth..a few things i bet you dont realise

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
Traffic on the freeway ......
Sorry, I haven't read any of the other posts, this one was just so funny.

j
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It was mostly tongue in cheek, where's your sense of humour

Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:47 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Not having posted on the Oz forum for some time now, its good to see some things never change.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: If your coming to Perth..a few things i bet you dont realise

Originally Posted by starsun
5. Swimming with children. Oh my god, what are you talking about? I learnt to swim at about age 2 when my mother threw me into the pool and said swim. Perth has the world's best beaches and so many of them are appropriate for little kids. Mettams pool, trigg, cottesloe. all of them. Rotto??? We grew up spending every summer holidays in Rotto. We managed not to get dragged under by the currents. Maybe you are too nervous. Aussie kids are like dolphins.
Agreed. I learned to swim at Mettams Pool, we had family picnics at City Beach, and we holidayed on Rotto.

Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:31 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Pretty accurate.

What about the good points then?
Those were the good points
Old Jun 21st 2008, 9:49 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Those were the good points
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Rachel... has a spectacular aura aboutRachel... has a spectacular aura aboutRachel... has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
Rachel......dont let me put you off ......yes my comments are tongue in cheek and it really is a great place to live and bring up a family

No its not perfect but then nor is the UK !!!!

i have no plans to move back to old blighty

Life is an adventure ....viva la differance

hey keep smiling
My tougue was firmly in my cheek too......... lol... it can be in yours if you give me a free room when i visit....lol
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

i think everyone has missed something ( BEER ) it cost's loads, much more than the uk . and we need more pubs up north and hotels and restaurants , thats only because im a chef and want to work near home .
i like perth , kids love it , wife loves it , some things cost more but some things dont , internet is ok but costs more, lots more and it is capped so you cant download lots of movies . the sea well what can i say i love it , surfing /body boarding arararar i love this life , never have i lived by the sea but i do now .
the only bad thing ????? well when its hot and nice i dont want to work , i want to go to the beach . all the people i have spoken to are all nice what more do we want
Dave
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by starsun
Perth has the world's best beaches
This makes me laugh,

You’ve obviously never been to Queensland, The Caribbean, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Fiji, Seychelles, Thailand...... should I keep going? Perth doesnt come close.

Oh and by the way, Perth doesn’t actually have “beaches” - it just has one long boring coastline.

Mikey
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrispy
I realise this is just giving people an idea but I reckon, apart from the hard core city folk whose life revolves around shopping, clubbing European traveling then Perth is fine, Small city, small politics, beautiful beaches parks and countryside, great weather, nice friendly people but like anywhere has great things and bad things but still reckon it is a lot better than living in the UK, Friends and Family are the things most people miss, can't get them anywhere but home
Well ? That rules me out
On a more practical note, i cant understand why so many moans. What a
fantastic place Perth for the quiet the life.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:32 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Oh and by the way, Perth doesn’t actually have “beaches” - it just has one long boring coastline.
Hmm, how strange. The Perth that I live in has lots of different lovely beaches.

Gina
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

ruby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I would love to hear from someone that has gone to Aus to retire,what sort of pension would we need, and the health care, just retiring type things in general really, and of course the best area in which to retire. We are 64, 63
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ruby
Hi I would love to hear from someone that has gone to Aus to retire,what sort of pension would we need, and the health care, just retiring type things in general really, and of course the best area in which to retire. We are 64, 63
It's probably better for you to create a new post in the main section of the forum for some thing like this. I know one thing though it is very expensive, unless I have been informed incorrectly. My parents wanted to retire to OZ but simply couldnt afford to, even I was astounded at how much money they say you require in order to retire to Australia.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:01 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad.chef
i think everyone has missed something ( BEER ) it cost's loads, much more than the uk . and we need more pubs up north and hotels and restaurants , thats only because im a chef and want to work near home .
i like perth , kids love it , wife loves it , some things cost more but some things dont , internet is ok but costs more, lots more and it is capped so you cant download lots of movies . the sea well what can i say i love it , surfing /body boarding arararar i love this life , never have i lived by the sea but i do now .
the only bad thing ????? well when its hot and nice i dont want to work , i want to go to the beach . all the people i have spoken to are all nice what more do we want
Dave
there is no comparison to where we left,it was never going to be a difficult move for us..

well done pal..

ast
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

katieandpaul74 will become famous soon enough

Hello,

The best piece of advice we have been given is...... don't go there expecting to re create your life in England. Embrace the Oz way of life and enjoy!

Katie and Paul.