Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you won the Lotto

If you won the Lotto

Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice
Question If you won the Lotto

If you won the Lotto (over a million) would you still go?

Really think about it. Most people want to move for greener grass. If you won the big one, you could buy as much green grass as your heart desired. I want to move to Oz for 4 or 5 typical reasons, - so if I won, I think those reasons would no longer exist.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:42 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: If you won the Lotto

Originally posted by lee/jane

Really think about it. Most people want to move for greener grass. If you won the big one, you could buy as much green grass as your heart desired. I want to move to Oz for 4 or 5 typical reasons, - so if I won, I think those reasons would no longer exist.
I would still go. Had a good think about it and none of the reasons i have to go to aus are money related, so it would still be the right move for me. Probably even more so, as deep down inside, and with an accountant for a wife, i do know we would be financially better off if we lived here in the UK.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Am going to Oz for freedom - freedom to move around in a country thats not overpopulated! Where theres room for everyone. Things like that, you can't buy with money. So to answer your question - YES, I would definetly still go if I won the big 'un!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Originally posted by steandleigh
Am going to Oz for freedom - freedom to move around in a country thats not overpopulated! Where theres room for everyone. Things like that, you can't buy with money. So to answer your question - YES, I would definetly still go if I won the big 'un!

Leigh

If you won the lotto, you would have all the freedom of the world. You wouldn't have to stay just in little old England.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but having two children aged 5 and 2 does limit your freedom somewhat!!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Leigh

If you won the lotto, you would have all the freedom of the world. You wouldn't have to stay just in little old England.
I would still go to Oz..but i would buy a home in UK too...so i could flit back and forwards whenver i wished and have a base in both places
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:39 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by podgypossum
I would still go to Oz..but i would buy a home in UK too...so i could flit back and forwards whenver i wished and have a base in both places
Now thats a plan !

That way both the wife and i would be happy.

Could spend the summer in the highlands of scotland in our nice little cottage, then come back for the aussie winter to our pad just north of townsville. Best of both countries seasons !
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

We'd still go! sooner the better, we'd also buy a house on the beach in Antigua but wouldn't buy a place here! we want out for lots of reasons and money is only a small one!
best regards
rach
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:24 pm
WBB

i would still go as one of the main reasons we are going is to get out of this over populated smog filled hole.

money would smooth things over and would be one less thing to worry about

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:53 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'd go... first class all the way though, not scuz class economy that I have to go now.......plus why not swing by New York, Vegas and LA on the way home for a spot of shopping !

Hell yeah!!!

mmmm better buy a ticket ! LOL