Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you were offered £10k for your furniture..

If you were offered £10k for your furniture..

Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:29 pm
skye

Default If you were offered £10k for your furniture..

Would you accept it? - House on the market, possibility of an offer for contents, would mean we just go with 2 suitcases and the dogs.... scary! - how much to re-furnish a house.... would save us £3.5k in container fees too... nightmare!

Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you were offered £10k for your furniture..

Originally Posted by skye
Would you accept it? - House on the market, possibility of an offer for contents, would mean we just go with 2 suitcases and the dogs.... scary! - how much to re-furnish a house.... would save us £3.5k in container fees too... nightmare!
Obviously it depends on how much furniture you have and how new/old it is, but for us £10k for our old furniture would be a good deal. We would still have about 3,000 books, clothes, CDs, computers, printers and other "bits" to ship out.

Make a list of your furniture and how much it would cost to replace it - then decide if £10k is a good deal for you.

Gina
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:49 pm
skye

We would send personal things by boxes - plus we would save the shipping costs for the container!

Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

If some one made me an offer of 10k for my contents they could have the lot with bells on..

If you do accept then it may pay to sell them by separate negotiation... you don't want to pay your estate agent more in commission if things are included in the sale price of the house..
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

For 10K you can come and take all my furniture right now
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:15 pm
skye

ha ha ! - it would be by separate negotiation after the sale price!

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Yep, Im with you guys. For 10k I would even help them load their van up,give them choccy biscuits,and a £10 tip,
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all
Smile Re: If you were offered £10k for your furniture..

I think I'm gonna have to pay some one £10k to take my stuff away ! Take the money and run, I have read on here you can refurnish a house for about £3k over there for middle of the range stuff, so I recon you could replace for less than £10k and save the money on the container.

Who's to say your old stuff will suit your new hose anyway.

take it easy
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

too right
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Oh yes! Go for it - I'd love it if someone offered to do the same here!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:37 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

bloody right go for it...did you see the news the other day, where someone put an ad on the net "come clean out my house" the house got cleaned out but it wasn't the owners who put out the ad, they literally stripped the windows out..fittings u name it it was gooooonnnee

take the 10k love
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

I would grab the money and head for the Aussie shops! I am hoping that we will get an offer for our contents too! Not taking much at all from our 4 bedroom house, only enough for 1/2 a 20ft container.
Enjoy all of that shopping and fitting out your lovely new house. Be like winning the lottery....ish

Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:30 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
If some one made me an offer of 10k for my contents they could have the lot with bells on..

If you do accept then it may pay to sell them by separate negotiation... you don't want to pay your estate agent more in commission if things are included in the sale price of the house..

Sell them the furniture for the price of the house then sell them the house for 10K, that way the agent only gets commission on 10K
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

giggle.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Take the money and run. If you convert that roughly to Aus$$ then that works out to about 25k just for the furniture. Then there is the saving of another 8k for shipping. With $33000 in your pocket you can furnish a home quite nicely. If we could do it all again we would have left everything except a few personal items and come with cash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.