Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it be?

If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it be?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice
Default If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it be?

I'm not going anywhere, but if I was I'd take a dual flush cistern. Short flush for 1s and the full tank for #2s.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:22 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it be?

They have them in the UK though...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice
Default Re: If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it

Originally Posted by bridiej
I'll probably take it somewhere where they don't have them.
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it be?

yes young man now go away and come back when you've thought of something else - properly now..
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
My Dad is a plumber. I am sure he told me a few years ago you weren't allowed to install them anymore. Never did understand why though.

(Aren't we sad turning a thread about the best of Australia into a thread about cisterns )
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: If you were going to take something away from Australia with you....what would it

Originally Posted by worzel
My Dad is a plumber. I am sure he told me a few years ago you weren't allowed to install them anymore. Never did understand why though.

(Aren't we sad turning a thread about the best of Australia into a thread about cisterns )
If you ask me you can't beat a good cistern related thread. However I do wish I'd thought of something better!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:30 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

My Mum
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:31 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
If you ask me you can't beat a good cistern related thread. However I do wish I'd thought of something better!
When I first came on the forum there was a very heated debate about ironing boards. Most topics resurface on a regular basis but cisterns and ironing boards have only come up once that I am aware of.

Originally Posted by worzel

Our neighbour redid his bathroom last year and he's got one....
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going anywhere, but if I was I'd take a dual flush cistern. Short flush for 1s and the full tank for #2s.
I've got one. Just to keep this thread in toilet territory.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:34 pm

You can get one from Screwfix...

Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've got one. Just to keep this thread in toilet territory.
Actually I'm having second thoughts about this, more often than not if we use the short flush, and don't keep and eye on it, the mechanism sticks and wastes more water than would occur if you'd gone for the full flush in the first place!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:37 pm

Might be easier just to have a "Hippo"

Of course, a brick in a plastic bag would do the same job...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

A fully-grown, very much alive adult Saltwater Crocodile to deal with my 'annoying' family...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

The friendliness of the people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.