Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness

If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness

Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness

Would you return to the UK to die or do it in your adopted new home?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:37 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness

i'd use every last cent i owned to see the rest of the world that i haven't seen!

Originally posted by renth
Would you return to the UK to die or do it in your adopted new home?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:52 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Return to UK. What if your partner died?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:55 am
Badge

Default Re: If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness

Originally posted by brisnick
i'd use every last cent i owned to see the rest of the world that i haven't seen!
indeed.

I would still stay in Australia. move to the Sunshine Coast or something..

I would also never give up...you always hear the stories of people with cancer etc making miraculous recoveries, or is that a Woman's Weekly story.(!) I'd be "up yours" to the illness until the end.

Of course, if you made a recovery, you'd be pissed off spending all your money..

BM

Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Return to UK. What if your partner died?
Good question. Me, stay in Oz. If it was the Mrs, well, it's a toughie but probably return to the UK, it's something we've agreed on.

What a morbid thread I started, it was supposed to be a poll but I *****ed up. I'm depressed now
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:00 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Good question. Me, stay in Oz. If it was the Mrs, well, it's a toughie but probably return to the UK, it's something we've agreed on.

What a morbid thread I started, it was supposed to be a poll but I *****ed up. I'm depressed now
Reading this thread, I'm f**king depressed now

jib
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:02 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by jib
Reading this thread, I'm f**king depressed now

jib
I tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me.....

On a brighter note... I'm going on holiday tomorrow!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Stay here, then take that bloomin holiday to ningaloo
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Me Renth that is not you obviously, your off 2morrow lucky bugger
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:08 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by jopaulss
Me Renth that is not you obviously, your off 2morrow lucky bugger
Can't wait.

To all you British expat users, who are also burglars, and know where I live....

I'm taking everything of value with me in the campervan.

So don't bother burgling my house.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:08 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

I tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me.....

On a brighter note... I'm going on holiday tomorrow!!!!!
Drive carefully

jib
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:10 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by jib
Drive carefully

jib
Thanks mate,

I'm putting a dozen Red Bulls in the campervan fridge
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

How will it take to drive up there renth?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:19 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by jopaulss
How will it take to drive up there renth?
how long?

About 8 hours to Denham, 2 nights there and probably 6 from Denham to Exmouth.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:24 am
(It's not my real name)

I feel guilty about starting such a depressing thread, so here is something to cheer us all up:
Attached Thumbnails If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness-floppyaccident%5B1%5D.gif  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.