Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you had the choice - Auto Question?

If you had the choice - Auto Question?

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough
Default If you had the choice - Auto Question?

I will arrive in JAN2006, and have to pre-order a company car before arrival, so I wont have the chance to test drive. The choices are: Ford Territory, Honda Odyssey, and Mitsubishi Pajero (SUV). I think only the Pajero can be ordered with a diesel engine. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with any of these?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had the choice - Auto Question?

Originally Posted by ex-GLOS
I will arrive in JAN2006, and have to pre-order a company car before arrival, so I wont have the chance to test drive. The choices are: Ford Territory, Honda Odyssey, and Mitsubishi Pajero (SUV). I think only the Pajero can be ordered with a diesel engine. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with any of these?
Is the company footing the bill for all the running costs (private as well as work) as well as the car? And are you the sort of person who would actually use a serious 4WD or not?

If it were me, Id go for the Territory (they are a great looking 4x4) or the Pajero (proven performance), but then we go off road & do alot of beachwork.

If you are more used to driving a smaller car in the UK I would probably go for the Odyssey.

Sorry, that's probably not much help.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

Company is only paying for work related travel, so I guess better gas mileage is preferred. As for 4WD - I have no idea what kind of driving is typical, I've never been to Australia - But probably not important for me if the Odyssey gets better mileage. We have a Ford Galaxy (Diesel) now.

Some of the other choices are: Holden Commodore Estate, Holden Berlina, Toyota Camry, RAV4 Cruiser.

Thanks.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:40 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex-GLOS
Company is only paying for work related travel, so I guess better gas mileage is preferred. As for 4WD - I have no idea what kind of driving is typical, I've never been to Australia - But probably not important for me if the Odyssey gets better mileage. We have a Ford Galaxy (Diesel) now.

Some of the other choices are: Holden Commodore Estate, Holden Berlina, Toyota Camry, RAV4 Cruiser.

Thanks.
You can't go wrong with a HONDA, I have had these for years they are fabolous cars, albeit a litle mundane but there good at what they do...
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
You can't go wrong with a HONDA, I have had these for years they are fabolous cars, albeit a litle mundane but there good at what they do...

weeellll, we've got a RAV4 here in the uk, and really like it.....sorry not much help there?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:39 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a Honda Shuttle Odyssey here in the Uk. It was an import from Japan and I can honestly say we have not had an ounce of bother with it in the 6 years we've owned it. (It's now 10 years old). It is juicy on petrol when doing motorway driving but it's economical around town. We searched everywhere for an affordable 7-seater and this fitted the bill.
If I can get another one in Oz I will, provided I can get a diesel model as this may be cheaper to run. (Must admit though, being female, I only know how to drive the thing. Don't know anything about the workings of it )
Julie
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:41 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

(Must admit though, being female, I only know how to drive the thing. Don't know anything about the workings of it )
Julie[/QUOTE]

...PMSL!!!!!
DITTO...........