Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:37 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
My guess is it wasn't the kangaroo smoking the bong. You were listening to Cat Stevens, weren't you? :scared:

Not me. Not at the prices the Kangaroo was charging. They're thieves I tell you.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

some great reply's here. I love a comedy thread.

liked the comment about the woman in cleveland who caught the oarfish "weighed 13kg less than the fish"

In other words "the fat cow shopped up this never seen before scientific wonder and bunged it in her freezer for a snack"
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Not me. Not at the prices the Kangaroo was charging. They're thieves I tell you.
So how much is a Cats Stevens CD worth then?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well... I was down at Fistral Beach in Newquay this summer and I saw a used sanitary towel float past my boogie board. Does that count?
You're lucky Hutch.......it used to be turds.
Dang great big floaty buggas that followed you for miles.

There was a right 'ol campaign going in many parts of Cornwall that I think started in Newquay...... Surfers Against Sewage ......gave a whole new meaning to the SAS.

Thing is the locals wouldn't have minded cept Cornwall has such a big holiday trade that you didn't know what nationality turd was following you

I guess better analysis of said floaties may have given a clue but not many people willing to do that.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
At Byron, two Koala's wearing thongs, slapping on suncream and reading a Harry Potter book. Then a Kangaroo drove up in a Dune Buggy, smoking a bong, with a bandana on and eating wotsits.

The weirdest thing was, it wasn't even sunny.
Can I have some of what you're on please
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

afriend of mine who is over form oz told me yesterday that a couple of weeks ago, they were walking on the beach at townsville, saw something in the sea, turned out to be a giant croc yawning!!!!!!

either yawning or about to have a chomp on the guy swimming past at the time!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:03 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

There was a right 'ol campaign going in many parts of Cornwall that I think started in Newquay...... Surfers Against Sewage ......gave a whole new meaning to the SAS.

Thing is the locals wouldn't have minded cept Cornwall has such a big holiday trade that you didn't know what nationality turd was following you

I guess better analysis of said floaties may have given a clue but not many people willing to do that.
You can dodge the floaties. It's the more soluble variety that are more concerning.

Anyway, this little guy washed up on Casey's Beach, Batemans Bay. A nudibranch of some variety
Attached Thumbnails If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise-nudi.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Yea, you're right there Bix. Been visiting that neck of the woods for many a year now (we were even going to move there before we saw sense :scared: !!). In their defence it's a lot better since they installed the sewage outfall pipe that now dumps the effluent about eight miles out to sea. As I've found though - tide and wind going the wrong way and you get some unexpected turdy friends for company on the beach. I've seen turds, nappies, sanitary towels, condoms - you name it. I was happy to take the risk for the sake of getting a wave, but I never did let my son play in there. Just one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to moving to Oz.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, you're right there Bix. Been visiting that neck of the woods for many a year now (we were even going to move there before we saw sense :scared: !!). In their defence it's a lot better since they installed the sewage outfall pipe that now dumps the effluent about eight miles out to sea. As I've found though - tide and wind going the wrong way and you get some unexpected turdy friends for company on the beach. I've seen turds, nappies, sanitary towels, condoms - you name it. I was happy to take the risk for the sake of getting a wave, but I never did let my son play in there. Just one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to moving to Oz.
So you don't mind Australian turds ?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
So you don't mind Australian turds ?
Fuller flavour I find. Good bouyancy aids if you get into trouble, too...
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Do they pump the sewage into the sea there too?

Bet the dolphins aren't happy ahout that.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by leedslad
Do they pump the sewage into the sea there too?

Bet the dolphins aren't happy ahout that.
Dya know....I don't really know.

It's such a big country that I bet they got some secret dumping ground in the desert somewhere
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Fuller flavour I find. Good bouyancy aids if you get into trouble, too...
Ah.....that's because of the prevalent ball shit
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=leedslad]Do they pump the sewage into the sea there too?
[QUOTE]

Let's start with North Head, Malabar and Bondi in Sydney.....
Luggage Point in Brisbane...

A sandy beach in Kent (stop larfing!) complete with life savers, always had that smell of fresh floaters.

We decided we didnt need a swim.

WW

Last edited by wanderingwombat; Sep 14th 2005 at 12:34 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Question Re: If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

Originally Posted by <")))><
You can dodge the floaties. It's the more soluble variety that are more concerning.

Anyway, this little guy washed up on Casey's Beach, Batemans Bay. A nudibranch of some variety
What is that? What is a nudibranch? A type of fish, lobster or what? It sure is pretty, but is it poisonous?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.