Reload this Page >

If You Don't Like It Go Home

If You Don't Like It Go Home

Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If You Don't Like It Go Home

Originally Posted by kporte
your "facts" are nothing but opinions. You've yet to post any facts.
The US bought Alaska off the Russians for two cents an acre... not really relevant but it is a fact.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:26 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The US bought Alaska off the Russians for two cents an acre... not really relevant but it is a fact.
Thanks Iam, at least we finally have an actual fact on this thread now!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
However it would make so much more sense if it belonged to Canada. Another fact.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: If You Don't Like It Go Home

A better slogan would be "Australia: vote with your feet. I did!"

Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MDawson

I have never seen a sticker on the back of a car here saying "If You Don't Like It Go Home" and that is a fact .
I thought that if one didn't like the UK they should become an expat ? At least if you believe the Daily Hate Mail or soaraway Sun stories of "would the last one to leave turn out the lights "
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't a similar thread by the same troller closed down the other day?
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Janne is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually find the lack of 'political correctness' refreshing in Australia.

I hope it never goes to same way as UK. If you don't like it then maybe you should leave?
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:20 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: If You Don't Like It Go Home

Originally Posted by 77hil
I don't know. White people all look the same to me.

Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

When ever friends from the East coast winge I say to them if you don't like bugger off home then. Or if another Eastener comes to work in Perth I say not another one coming to steal our jobs.

I've only been here 6 years.

keel
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
When ever friends from the East coast winge I say to them if you don't like bugger off home then. Or if another Eastener comes to work in Perth I say not another one coming to steal our jobs.

I've only been here 6 years.

keel
Shall we print you up some stickers for your ute
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
[SIZE=1]
Again - it does happen in the uk but not to the same extent as it does here. There is quite a difference
I don't think there is.

Some British people make racist comments.
Some Australian people make racist comments.
Some British media demonise immigrants and 'refugees'.
Some Australian media demonise immigrants and 'refugees'.

I don't see any difference.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't think there is.

Some British people make racist comments.
Some Australian people make racist comments.
Some British media demonise immigrants and 'refugees'.
Some Australian media demonise immigrants and 'refugees'.

I don't see any difference.
I feel certain it is true that people make racist comments in both countries.
However, I am starting to wonder if there is a different tolerance towards it.

For example, the first thing you said in this thread was that it is a free country and people can say what they like. Thus you appeared to condone racist comments. Whereas the people on this thread from the UK, or recently departed from the UK, mentioned that racist comments are generally not acceptable (although of course they do happen) and are quite shocked to hear them.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 77hil
So I'm a troller now am I , well thank you very much .
You sound very superior don't you...
Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Again, as happens in the UK.

Australia is no different to the UK in this regard.
I'm sorry you are wrong , you hear racists remarks out-loud far more in Australia , you keep saying there is no difference and this comment just is not true, I lived in Brisbane for over 7 years and almost 2 in Sydney , Australians feel they can be more racist and that is fact.
I'm tired of people just covering up for bad manners !

The people wanting to move to Australia on this thread just don't want to believe it, I mean it might ruin the dream.

Believe me it's very true .....
Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I do know this, I was trying to make as polarised a post as possible to show that both countries have racism. I think this Dawson is a wind up merchant. He has already started another thread along the same lines of how crap Australia is.

I grew up in the West Midland with a large West Indian and Indian population. I remember what ordinary people said about these people and it was quite acceptable in those days to say such things. Replace the word 'paki' with 'Pole' and you have the modern equivalent. Just because there are laws in place does not mean that people do not say racist things. I have only been in Australia a year so do have recent knowledge of how things are. I have read racist posts on this forum and endless moans about all the immigrants in the UK. The British can be just as racist as the Australians.

Personally any form of racism is abhorrent to me. My own grandparents fled the extermination camps in Nazi Germany. I just think the OP is using this issue to wind us all up. Don't let him. We all know there is racism in every country and every culture. It doesn't mean we approve or take part in it.
I can assure you I'm not here to wind people up , just telling the truth .

I didn't start out anti-australian, in fact I'm not , my wifes an Australian but she is a very nice one that now lives in Derbyshire England and is treated very well by all the locals , I have found that Australians and many poms in Australia like to be very negative about the UK, i'm just returning the fire .
It's not personal , I'm trying to make a point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.