Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If You Don't Like It Go Home

If You Don't Like It Go Home

Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: If You Don't Like It Go Home

Originally Posted by Centurion
Scientific opinion would seem to differ with your well thought out opposition to the position.
Scientific?? Go on then, humour me with some real, authoritative references.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:47 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devlin
Probably because the only sensible response is to agree with me... your view that racism is a natural human instinct is complete rubbish. Any semi-educated person knows this. I find your view to be a particularly abhorrent excuse that I have heard made before by other extreme racists. I'm sure Hitler agreed with you.
...and Nick Griffin.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:48 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably because the only sensible response is to agree with me... your view that racism is a natural human instinct is complete rubbish. Any semi-educated person knows this. I find your view to be a particularly abhorrent excuse that I have heard made before by other extreme racists. I'm sure Hitler agreed with you.
Everybody has inbuilt prejudice to some degree.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kporte
Everybody has inbuilt prejudice to some degree.
Maybe you are right. I can't stand racists!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Maybe you are right. I can't stand racists!
Me neither!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Not seen the Hitler opening gambit use for a while..

For your view to be correct then race would have played no part in the worlds conflicts... can you claim that?

Is it a coincidence that the most brutal of the worlds conflicts have a racial element to them, where one side or the other feels that they are superior to the other?

We are tribal... end of story.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:45 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

For your view to be correct then race would have played no part in the worlds conflicts... can you claim that?

Is it a coincidence that the most brutal of the worlds conflicts have a racial element to them, where one side or the other feels that they are superior to the other?

That doesn't mean you don't have to be racist though does it.

Seems a bit of a cop out. 'I was racist to that guy, but it's not my fault it's human nature'.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:55 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
That doesn't mean you don't have to be racist though does it.

Seems a bit of a cop out. 'I was racist to that guy, but it's not my fault it's human nature'.
No it doesn't and I'm not claiming that it should.... all I'm saying is that at our basic core is an element of tribalism, racism if you prefer. It's always been there and I doubt it will ever change.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

I would say religion has historically been a much greater factor in wars than race.

I can see where you are coming form but I don't think your 'human nature' argument stands up. We are a civilised society and should rise above such primal tendencies.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
I would say religion has historically been a much greater factor in wars than race.

I can see where you are coming form but I don't think your 'human nature' argument stands up. We are a civilised society and should rise above such primal tendencies.
Religion, race.Two sides of the same coin. Civilised? The number of wars, conflicts, genocides and general nastiness perpetrated since year dot to today totally rules that out......
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Religion, race.Two sides of the same coin. Civilised? The number of wars, conflicts, genocides and general nastiness perpetrated since year dot to today totally rules that out......
Religion and race the same? Nonsense. One is natural genetic differences, the other is man-made opinion. They are utterly different.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Religion and race the same? Nonsense. One is natural genetic differences, the other is man-made opinion. They are utterly different.
I didn't say they were the same. Try to read the posts before commenting.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

I didn't say they were the same. Try to read the posts before commenting.
Well I was saying that religion has been more of a factor in wars than race.

You said they were 'two sides of the same coin' in apparent contradiction to me.

Now you're saying they're not the same, so I can only presume you agree with me.

Glad thats settled then
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Well I was saying that religion has been more of a factor in wars than race.

You said they were 'two sides of the same coin' in apparent contradiction to me.

Now you're saying they're not the same, so I can only presume you agree with me.

Glad thats settled then
War is the coin. Race one side , religion the other. I can't think of a conflict that hasn't been based on one or the other at it's root. I'm not talking of them individually as concepts but what effect they have on our warlike peoples.
I think face to face chats are better for this type of subject as people end up arguing over nothing on here!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

War is the coin. Race one side , religion the other. I can't think of a conflict that hasn't been based on one or the other at it's root. I'm not talking of them individually as concepts but what effect they have on our warlike peoples.
I think face to face chats are better for this type of subject as people end up arguing over nothing on here!
Imperialism? A 3 sided coin maybe?

Haha but yeah you're right. There are few things in life as futile as arguing about politics and religion on the internet! Passes the time of day though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.