Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you could take one thing

Wikiposts

If you could take one thing

Old May 14th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by markeh
It's things l.ike this that are important

Cancell Oz, no gravy on marmite sarnies out there

Bye

Mark

You can get Marmite but it does not taste exactly the same as the English Marmite. Also you can buy Instant Gravy power but it is not as good as Bisto Granules.
Mind you we hardly eat anything that you would put gravy on. More cold salad foods etc.
Old May 14th 2004, 11:32 am
kong

Decent beer

Old May 14th 2004, 5:01 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

My best mate ... I miss her loads
Old May 14th 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

chocolate buttons
Old May 14th 2004, 7:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My best mate ... I miss her loads
Sounds like you are having the same thoughts as me today Sky

Material stuff, well I've brought loads of photos. At the risk of boring people, I still miss the sort of cheese you buy in farm-shops, with garlic and stuff. Also Dry Blackthorn Cider, but its the people I miss the most.
Old May 14th 2004, 8:17 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we talked on the phone this morning and had such a laugh ... I miss the yorkshire quick dry humour, she was my shopping partner I miss her so much and now we have moved into our new house seems worse, if I had moved in england she would be the first one round for billions of cups of coffees and a laugh and to pick the new house to bits lol

Last edited by sky; May 14th 2004 at 8:21 pm.
Old May 14th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

my dad

arlene
Old May 15th 2004, 12:13 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

I'd take John Humphreys of BBC Radio 4's 'Today' programme. Yeah, I know he's not material, but I'm sure gonna miss him....

Anya.
Old May 15th 2004, 12:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by anya4oz
I'd take John Humphreys of BBC Radio 4's 'Today' programme. Yeah, I know he's not material, but I'm sure gonna miss him....

Anya.
Would you swap him for your shoes though??????
Old May 15th 2004, 1:30 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz

Anya.
No need, he's on the web. I wonder how many Brits there are desperately getting their fix of English radio via streaming audio? (Apologies for bandying terms like English and British around rather loosely; you know what I meant.)

Every time I try to think of something that will be missing in Oz, I come up with something different. There are so many things (decent cider, proper Marmite, Grape Nuts, decent stout, er why are all my examples food+drink?) but really none of them are important enough to detract from the new things (which no doubt are sorely missed by Aussies in the UK). I'll have Anya and the cats; what more could I wish for?

Mark
Old May 15th 2004, 1:34 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

(Serious note.) I only really missed two things when we were in NZ: 1) proper salary levels and 2) live English soccer at a reasonable time to watch instead of 2 or 4 or 7 am.

One of which is more important than the other.
Old May 15th 2004, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

I would take a magician who would be able to get me whatever I have forgotten or need!

Eg: my close family
Old May 15th 2004, 1:43 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
Would you swap him for your shoes though??????
No need to swap - just got a good quote from Crown relos for a 40ft container for the shoes

Anya.
Old May 15th 2004, 1:45 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by MarkMyWords

I'll have Anya and the cats; what more could I wish for?

Mark
OK mate, hint taken, I'll stop surfing & go do yer ironing now....

Anya xxxx